The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today me and my manager tried to drag our cars but mine totally got it's ass kicked. I thought some on this page said that they beat honda civics 4/5 times. I have a auto 97.5 alty only mods that matter here is that I have a k&n filtercharger. He's got a 96 civic non vtec manual w/ weapon-r cai, midas made cat back, and maybe headers not sure about that. I wanna spend $500 on anything that will really increase my acceleration. He pretty much beat me at the gun while mine was just sitting there, but when my alty got going it started catching up to the civic. I'm considering buying a new chip, custom cat-back w/ dynomax muffler, or whatever suggestions you guys say, but I only have $500 to spend. I was thinking about getting a jet chip and weld on a dynomax muffler w/ a 2.25 pipe from the air sensor.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Best bang for your buck is a header. I raced an auto first gen with intake, exaust, header and he had me by a bumper. I got 2nd gen 5sp with intake,and exaust.

ummm...$500 could also get you nos

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I"ve been considering getting header's too, but the 97s have an o2 sensor thing and I would have to have someone make the sensor thing work and install it so it would probably run me another $200 ontop of the cost of the header. I think nos is out of the question though, cause I already have 75,000 mi. on my car and I need it to last me another 2-3 years or till I'm done with college

·
projected member
919 Posts
plus, the 97's have the cat up front under the manifold. so if you wanna run ilegal, with no cat, then go with the header and rear exhaust

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's an idea, buy a car with some balls to it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well maybe everyone doesnt have the money to buy a fast car BROTHER!!!
-Smacko

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2Tight said:
Here's an idea, buy a car with some balls to it.
I don't know if you have checked your web address on your browser but this is the altimas.net web page. also I said only have $500 of spending money not 50,000.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Dang man! You lost? I raced a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe (which has SOHC VTEC) 5-speed with OBX (I think) warm air intake in my 1994 Altima GXE auto with Stillen exhaust and I beat him 3 out of 3 times. We raced until about 80 to 90 MPH and I beat him good each time. I don't remember by how much, but I did beat him.

Maybe you gotta try a new launching technique. Do you use the power braking method? That's what I use every time I really want to race. Oh yeah, I turn off the OD, too. I don't know if it helps, but it theoretically should if it makes the tranny hold each gear longer...

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Actually, since the launch is the weak point in the auto cars, the torque convertor would give you the most bang for the buck, short of NOS, which is more likely to damage your engine/trans. You'd haave to install yourself to keep your total cost under $500, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts