The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my tranny before going turbo. I've been searching and reading information about torque converter and valve body. I even called upn level ten tranny. They told me that I have to get the tc, vb, and the rebuild kit inorder to run turbo on an auto tranny. The price was crazy.

Torque converter--$698.00
Valve Body----------$698.00
Rebuild Kit-----------$729.00

It came to 2100.00 and something after shipping. This is just part too. I have to pay for labor and installtion. So I was hopping someone might know another way around this.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
look into mboiltek.com. They offer a VB upgrade and resell the protorque torque converters. I believe the VB is like $450, the converter is like $450 and I have no idea what the "rebuild kit" in your post refers to???

Someone else might know. Not sure you need to rebuild your tranny to put a turbo in, might check out the turbo forums for that. Ask 1fastaltima, cthunder, rick, or black hornet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I'm trying to boost alot I just want to get it out of the way first. I don't want to have to do my bottum end(piston and rods) and but on the turbo and then having the tranny go out on me. I just want to save time and get it all over it becuase I hate have to wait around when the car is down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
KevinAT_18 said:
I want to upgrade my tranny before going turbo. I've been searching and reading information about torque converter and valve body. I even called upn level ten tranny. They told me that I have to get the tc, vb, and the rebuild kit inorder to run turbo on an auto tranny. The price was crazy.

Torque converter--$698.00
Valve Body----------$698.00
Rebuild Kit-----------$729.00

It came to 2100.00 and something after shipping. This is just part too. I have to pay for labor and installtion. So I was hopping someone might know another way around this.
They want $729 for a rebuild kit? Does that mean you have to rebuild the trans yourself? I do VB's for 375 installed and I can have the trans rebuilt with severe duty bands and clutches for a pretty resonable price. Give me a call.
(516)-676-8470

1 - 9 of 9 Posts