The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the h1 standard headlights there is a little metal piece that goes on the back of the h1 bulb when you put it in the housing. you attach one of the wires to it, the other attached to the bulb itself. well i lost that metal piece, anyone know where i can get one?

i checked murray's auto parts (like pepboys) but didnt see any.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the metal piece that goes between the back of the bulb and the wire securing hinge. no sorry i dont have my digital on me, no pics. :(

·
Don't Mess with Texas
743 Posts
you cant buy just the metal piece....sorry to tell you dawg but when i thought i lost my rubber seal around my headlights i went to the dealership and they said i have to buy the entire headlight. but luckily i found it. it was hanging from the wires. look harder maybe you'll find it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Groggy23 said:
If your talking about that metal piece that looks like a quick disconnect thats inside the plastic, I think you may be outta luck :( Although, you can always try actually using a quick disconnect to hook up the h1 bulb.
what do you mean by i can always try using a quick disconnect to hook up....??

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Yea, try that. use the small paper clips, and bend it to form, it might work. I've done the same in a similar situation. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
altimateone said:
:p ^^this piece is not the spring....its the washer like thing that has a retangler hole in it to fit over the bulb with a square tab on it plug-on the female connection.
yeap thats the piece.

i gonna call some junkyards seeing if they have any h1 headlight housing i can buy so i can take the piece off there.

but first i will try to make the piece if i still have some metal flashing at my place.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
^^I wouldn't do that...he might get the piece he need later then he'll have to put the connector back. Another way that might work..is there's an "L" shaped piece that holds down the spring, it has a tab like end on it, alittle wide could be trimmed narrower to fit the connector. Its holding the spring which the spring touches the outer grounding part of the bulb that you need, that might work.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
True, but you can always splice the wire and connector back together though. If he's just looking for a quick fix you could try modifying those quick disconnects by cutting out the rectangular part and place it in the plastic housing depending on how it broke off. But, I'd just wait until you can get that part. I believe its only connected to a clip thats attatched on the plastic housing that you can easily take off. Thing is I dunno if any site that sells just that part :dunno:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whats a better conductor. steel or aluminum. cuz the current will transfer through that metal piece to the ground wire. i dont want it to melt or what not on me. im not sure what it is made of now???

but believe it or not i lost the piece.

i had to take out my aftermarket HIDs to send them back to the company so they can see what is wrong with them and replace the ballast, i found out to be the problem. and somehow i misplaced the metal piece during all of that. but i will make a new one if i can find the metal. im good with modeling and modifying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts