The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just bought a used 1995 altima. It is totaly stock and i wanted to make a lot of upgrades, but i dont know what i should do first. I am going to get wheels first i think, i also wanted to paint it because i hate the color, it's that champane color, i was thinking black, but i dont know how much that would cost. I have a nice warm feeling that this will be a very long and expensive project. Please help me out. And by the way im short on cash too.

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
here's some advice... do a search... also, if you're short on cash, dont get rims, they dont make you get faster, do stuff to your engine or get the stuff you need to get done, regular maintanence and repainting the car if you really dont like it that much.

·
8,112 Posts
HAHA oh boy. Well, Rims will cost you some cash. Matters what size rims you get. I started with just an intake which was $85. For a fast cheap paint job $300. It's going to be hard to mod out your car without money. -TP

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
here are the most probable steps that you MIGHT take in the beginning

intake
fstb
cat-back, mendrel bent
muffler
drop coil & struts

those are about the basics and all under 400 bucks

these are the 2 choices u can go for:

for show:
ml320 sidemarkers
clear tails
wing
rims
bodykit (kinda a waste of money IMO, no go, all show)

for go:
jwt pistons
jwt cams
jwt ecu
act clutch , oh wait, are you autO? i forgot
lightened flywheel
bore
motor mounts
nismo thermometer
pr cai (need more lowend power)
short shifter

and last of all, nos
or f max t3/t4 hybrid turbo (sleeper, smoke those ricerockets)

·
Like my bodykit?
161 Posts
i went threw the same thing man i bought a 5 speed 93 se and it was stock telling you now the best thing is to put some things under the hood and rims.... rims are gonna go close to a $1000 if you want a high size you can go to macco for a fairly cheap and ok looking paintjob probably 300-400 dollars depending on bodywork. make sure you look at the car inside out before getting it back from them there a very sloppy business. remember its how the car drives thats more important, cant drive a nice looking car if the engine is bad

·
Banned
3,479 Posts
that cost a lot of money tho. my drop, correctly done, was about $500 with struts installed, also, that was with no labor charges either. With labor, AND an alignment, not to mention camber bolts, youre looking at about a grand.

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have changed my mide then i will save the paint job for later, i still want to get rims, not very big ones since it has brand new top of the line tires on it. so i dont want to waste them and get low profile ones. Probobly 15's or somthing so they shouldnt be too much. But i think i will get intake and exhaust first. thanks for your replies

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Carnegee79 said:
that cost a lot of money tho. my drop, correctly done, was about $500 with struts installed, also, that was with no labor charges either. With labor, AND an alignment, not to mention camber bolts, youre looking at about a grand.
That's why I said "try." :D

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait one more question i wanted to tint my windows like 25 or 30 % but i have no idea how much that costs and where to go to do it. And i dont know the legal limit. Does any1 know this?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
masplinter9 said:
Wait one more question i wanted to tint my windows like 25 or 30 % but i have no idea how much that costs and where to go to do it. And i dont know the legal limit. Does any1 know this?
Look up the Oregon laws. It varies from state to state.

·
13,021 Posts
Carnegee79 said:
not to mention the way we lower our cars isn't even the right way and it will cost even more to get it done the right way.

I would lower before getting the wheels. More people will notice the gap then the hubbies IMO ir more people will notice the wheels before the drop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts