I just go a Eribuni 905 Uerathan body kit for my 96 alti. I was just wondering ways that i could make it fit alittle better. I've been told that I can use a heat gun to mold the urathan up to like a half an inch. What are some recomendatons?
Step 3-Be satisfied with correct fitment off the bat..
Ok, seriously though. If you want to get it fitted correctly, take it to a shop. It's one thing having look bad because it doesn't fit, it's something entirely different if it look bad because not only did it NOT fit to begin with, but someone who didn't know what they were doing tried to make it fit. I'm not saying you don't know bodywork, but I've seen the end results of those who didn't.
This is Jerry. I just recently fitted the iBi2 kit to our 1st gen and in my opinion, EVERY body kit is gonna need a little work. I have worked with several diff cars and diff kits and have yet to come across one that doesn't need a little or some work. The iBi2 needed quite a bit off of the front taken off for it to fit, and it needed a little bit of work on the back to make it line up equally on both sides. As far as molding, you need to have some experience with it first so you don't mess up your car. We ended up molding the front of the kit and the entire back with some fiberglass. But definately not something you just one day decide you want to "try out" on your car.
Yes, Jerry and Alicia had to trim some FG with a Dremel off the upper grille part near the headlights, and the guy at my shop (I later discovered) used the wrong line to trim the rear and made it hard for my TX people to install it. I of course had to kill him, hire someone else, and scribe the line deeper into the mould so nobody screws it up again! :angry4:
It's always possible that things will have to be adjusted slightly, but the main thing is whether the dimensions of the kit itself are right or not. In the case of Jerry and Alicia's front, it was one of the first ones we did and we were scared of removing too much material up top and leaving gaps... anyways from their very helpful feedback and measurements they provided we were able to finetune the mould and trimming process a lot better.
Thanks again for that, guys.