The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 94 alty with 102k while driving yecterday it started to shake and stall made it home after checking it out found out that the plugs were covered with gas if any one has any ideas plese let me know thanks.

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
maybe time for new injectors

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
but it is probably something to do with the ignition system, like distributor, cap, rotor something along those lines, i dunno i never had any of that go bad on my altima.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
i'd say the obvious, make sure the little washers/gaskets on the spark plug threads are still intact and make sure they are in to the right torque...

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Well, if you pulled the wires and they show spark, then it isn't in the ignition. See if it starts up and runs fine when completely cold, like after sitting overnite, but then runs like crap when it warms up. Then get back at us.

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
just cause you get spark at the wires doesn't mean something isn't wrong with the ignition system.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
the fuel is on the OUTSIDE, which means it is leaking out from around the plugs. like i said, make sure they are seated correctly and that your washers are on the plugs

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
when that type of thing happened to me 2 of my injectors were stuck open

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
kierandill said:
Wouldn't the spark be burning the fuel?
depends on how good the spark is!

at any rate, it may very well be the injectors. I'll sell him some if he needs them :D

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
Rick said:

and you read this where?
oh! i misread it. i get it. yea, i would say make sure your injectors are working and you are getting spark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts