The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home tonight, doing about 50 in 5th gear, when all of a sudden my Alty started to shudder, the gas pedal was also shuddering, and I lost power and had to pull over. I was able to start again after a few minutes of the car being turned off, and was eventually able to limp home this way, periodically losing power and pulling off to the side.

It's extremely cold out today. Is it possible that I have a frozen fuel line or something? Or possibly a bad fuel filter?

·
The Edge
284 Posts
sounds liek a clogged fuel filter, that should be the first thing you check out because it's the most least expensive and easy to do

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
i was thinking fuel filter too.
or something with the fuel injector 'system'
anyone who's changed their fuel filter knows that when u depressurize the system before removing the filter, the fuseless-fuelpump-causing-no fuile pressure, when u start and let car idle and die, knows that what ur describing is either ur out of gas or something with the fuel injection 'system' , whch include the fuel filter.

likely to us the above, but not limited to that in the universe of possible reasons for your issue.

-Pass

·
Registered
7 Posts
my alty did that when the distributer (not distributer cap) filled with oil, evidently its a known problem with altimas.

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
try a fuel filter, cap and rotor and distributor. is there anything else we should tell him? maybe the engine, wiper blades and wheels. yeah that will help

get a ****ing clue moron. you're not really helping him out you just saying some medium maintenance parts without correlating his issue to a maintanence part. the new member with the same car as me, said his distributor did that to his car too. he is the only one who is trying to help the 'thread starter' who needs tips.

-Pass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts