The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after windows loads it takes like 15 minutes before i can do any thing. it is taking forever to boot up kazaa and aim and my anti virus help. after it boots my computer runs fine

·
HIT EM UP F0000000
2,613 Posts
k here goes ur pc stores tons of images in a temporary floder,cookies, aeverything you downloaded,there is this pro gram called window washer,it cleans ur system out,or you can go 2 ur hard drive and right click on it and go 2 properties here u can see and see if ur has a clean disk button

·
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks dude ive got that window washer program now using it then im going to clean disk then restart hopefully it works

·
your mom felt my length
1,077 Posts
start > run > and type in "msconfig" without the ""...
click on startup tab and uncheck the shit you never use.

if you don't have msconfig in your os, download Tweekui and install it (there is no install thing, right click on the tweekui.ini file and choose install from the menu), then it'll add a new icon to your control panel, choose startup and uncheck everythign you don't need.

or

download regcleaner, install it, run it, and click "startup list" and check everything you don't need and click remove...

those should probably help you...

·
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it helped a little but still is taking too long almost 3 times as long as normal any other sugestions

·
4,733 Posts
1. Update your Virus Definitions to the latest ones and run a FULL scan.

2. Run MSCONFIG as Raider007 said and follow his instructions removing programs that are starting up with your PC.

Also, RIGHT click on your task bar (the bar at the botton of your screen) and choose task manager. Post up two screenshots for me: One of where it says Processes and another of where it says Performance.

I will take a look at them and see whats up

·
Just a Drummer!!
419 Posts
and if that does not work try a big hammer! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts