The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Turanza H tires (automatic transmission). There is no sticker in the door nor on the underside of the center arm rest. I did a search on tire pressures here on the forum and found 33 front and 30 rear as what was recommended. I went an adjusted them to that pressure, they were at 40 front, 35 rear.

With more careful reading of that thread that stated the pressure numbers I saw that it was the pressure for the V rated tires with the manual transmission. What is the recommended or best pressure for the H rated tires.

·
Former Alty Owner
3,072 Posts
JohnMB said:
I have the Turanza H tires (automatic transmission). There is no sticker in the door nor on the underside of the center arm rest. I did a search on tire pressures here on the forum and found 33 front and 30 rear as what was recommended. I went an adjusted them to that pressure, they were at 40 front, 35 rear.

With more careful reading of that thread that stated the pressure numbers I saw that it was the pressure for the V rated tires with the manual transmission. What is the recommended or best pressure for the H rated tires.

33 Front, 30 Rear .. I have an auto as well..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Scott. I thought the ride was a bit off but chalked it up to Sports Car suspension. Not that I've had a sports car before, but based on what I've read here it seemed likely. Tomorrow I'll see how the new pressures effect the ride.

Godsend, yep, checked under both armrests and pretty much checked every inch of surface area in the car. No tire pressure sticker. The only sticker was the one stating the car was made 12/01.

·
Former Alty Owner
3,072 Posts
JohnMB said:
Thanks for the info Scott. I thought the ride was a bit off but chalked it up to Sports Car suspension. Not that I've had a sports car before, but based on what I've read here it seemed likely. Tomorrow I'll see how the new pressures effect the ride.

Godsend, yep, checked under both armrests and pretty much checked every inch of surface area in the car. No tire pressure sticker. The only sticker was the one stating the car was made 12/01.
John,

No prob.. you know the armrest opens up in two places??? kind of hard to explain.. that's where I found it.. as for the ride, it does improve to an extent going to recommended pressure.

·
Registered
535 Posts
djliquidice said:
Dont all tires have their rated PSI On them?
NOOOOOO! The recommended pressure depends on the car. The tire just lists its Maximum rated pressure....which is gonna be higher than the recommended pressure and you don't want that.

Kevin

·
Silent Runner
1,046 Posts
JohnMB said:
And remember... this is COLD tire pressure you measure. Must be sitting for 2+ hours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I noticed an improvement in the smoothness of the ride, with no loss of steering response, with my tires at 33/30. It's not exactly cushy, but if I'd wanted cushy I would have bought a Camry. I'd definitly recommend reducing tire pressure to these figures.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Is it true that you should bump UP the pressure if you plan to drive harder, and don't care about a comfort? I've got mine at 38 front/ 36 back.

BTW- stopped by Bridgestone today and saw the pole position Z rated tires first hand. Sweet... the guy said he drove a BMW with these tires at a test track, followed by Michellins, and Goodyear's comparible tires... the PP's were the best performers, and didn't allow the car to spin like the others. Who knows, but I need something after my little sliding incident the other night! They're about $250 each.

·
Registered
614 Posts
JohnMB said:

Boogie,

Are these Z tires sized to fit the Alti? If not what size is the compromise and will it effect the driving in any adverse way?
Ok, I'm no expert but here goes... They are not sized for the factory rims, so I'll have to get new wheels too, and because they are lower profile, I'll need to get larger wheels to keep in step with the factory circumfirence. So with a wheel tire combo, I don't think there will be any comprimise, only gain. I'll research this a lot more before I drop the G's... It'll be over 2 grand for the whole deal. The tires alone are $250 each, and I'm sure good quailty, light weight rims that are stylish will be at least that much too. Did I understand your question correctly?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 98se and I have a sticker on the inside of my door that says 29psi front and 29psi in the back.. I think this seems a little low.. Is this right? Also, these aren't the factory tires. Does the recommended tire pressure depend on the tire?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.