The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i begin, i did a search and it was no help. I have a 95 altima gxe with and auto tranny and i'm really considering on getting NOS. My car is completely stock except for the stillen intake. which brand should i get? how many shots? and will i have to do any internal mods to the engine?? my car currently has 68,000 miles. thanx

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
you can put nos on a stock car if ya want, but mods are better. Then again, it's gonna be a lot of money to get an auto run like a 5 spd.

I wouldn't recommend anything over a 100 shot. I seriously recommend the JWT set up over anything else. It's a little more expensive, but it's way worth it, IMO. There are a few safety features included as well as the ECU uprade.

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
1fastaltima said:
you can put nos on a stock car if ya want, but mods are better. Then again, it's gonna be a lot of money to get an auto run like a 5 spd.
FYI, the fastest altima is still an AUTO and between 2 equivalent altimas, the auto altima is faster with NOS. Best thing for a 5spd is a turbo.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
you're never gone let thtat go, are you, Osama? An auto can be fast, yes. I will give you that, but they are not better than 5 spds. If an auto is so much faster, or better, or whatever...

Then how come they always lose races to the exact same car that is a 5 spd?

example: an auto Altima vs. a 5 spd Altima

the 5 spd has em every time, unless the 5 spd driver just sucks so bad that an auto can beat him.

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
NismoBoi said:
before i begin, i did a search and it was no help.
not to be a dick or anything, but if you did the right search you would have seen a few posts about N20 and auto trannies b/c i've posted quite a few replies about that.

but anyway, you should be fine in an auto. i've had n20 for 6 months and no problems. 57k miles, CAI, exhaust, NGK plugs.

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
1fastaltima said:
example: an auto Altima vs. a 5 spd Altima

the 5 spd has em every time, unless the 5 spd driver just sucks so bad that an auto can beat him.
I'm telling you the truth, auto altima is faster under boost. You have to cut the juice before you shift (200rpm before?). When you do that, you lose your close ratio advantage. AUTO sprays throughout all the gears and can launch off the bottle.

·
Now that was just ghey...
77 Posts
tell them how those autos do it right, Osama!!!!!!:D :D :angry1:

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
osama said:
I'm telling you the truth, auto altima is faster under boost. You have to cut the juice before you shift (200rpm before?). When you do that, you lose your close ratio advantage. AUTO sprays throughout all the gears and can launch off the bottle.
5 spds can launch off the bottle too, but it might be kinda hard to get any traction since you're flooring at WOT and that's when the n20 kicks in

·
Banned
563 Posts
im sure most with Headers/intake/exhuast and maybe a 75 shot of nos ..a good mid 14s can be accomplish with a good driver ...

·
Incognito
1,388 Posts
shawn and rick are both all motor and running 14's, with 75 shot of juice alone you should be in 14's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IgNiTe said:

5 spds can launch off the bottle too, but it might be kinda hard to get any traction since you're flooring at WOT and that's when the n20 kicks in
skippy, if you buy a half decent nitrous system (not ZEX!!!!!!!!!!!!) then you can tune it for variable shot at different loads and throttle positions. you don't have to always be at WOT and at 3 grand for nitrous to engage. yes you can equip your auto with nitrous, but honestly, i have seen some at the track, and it can be rather disappointing. i'm not 100% sure what the stock internals can handle, depends on alot of things. I'm not gonna say sell your car and buy a stick, if you want nos, then cool, but don't expect to keep up with boosted 5spds. ALSO, remember, boost is ALWAYS there, Nos can only be held for so long. my buddy was chasing phil and i (phil's got a boosted max) and he has nitrous. he kept up for about a minute before he couldn't safely spray anymore. just my $0.02

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
my auto with 75 shot is faster than most of the 5 spds with 75 shot... same goes for the turbo guys, the ones with autos are the fastest... maybe the 5spd guys cant drive? i dunno, but I do know all motor vs all motor, i put my money on the 5spd every time with altimas.. but boosted, stastically the auto's are faster..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts