The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I bought a new amp and deck to replace the factory deck. But the previous owner messed up the wiring bad, I got the deck hooked up and it works along with the amp. I also fixed the room light, installed an alarm and fixed the reseting of the clock. However, the problem is with taillights, rear side marker, tail license, and interior background lighting are inoperable. Rear stoplights, turn, backup, front side marker and clearance lights work fine. I have traced the problem to one wire, the red/blue striped wire does not get and voltage. Haynes manual page 12-30 shows a connection at "J/C-5" that might be my problem, but I’m not sure where to locate or what it means.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE A IDEA OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Have you checked the tail light fuse?

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
check the grounds

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I checked the fuse, and are you aware of how many grounds there are in a car that are interconnected???
The problem appears to be a short between the taillight (red/blue wire) and ground but it is not blowing the fuse. Figure that out.

·
Speed addict
44 Posts
If fuse #23 (15A) is good and 12V is shown, then check with test light the RED/BLUE wire in the trunk. Make sure to turn switch on. If it is getting 12V then it's the ground located in the trunk.( I don't think that's your problem since your stop/turn/back-up lights work) I would follow the RED/BLUE wire back to the switch with a test light. The wire should run along the drivers side under the carpet.
J/C-5 is where the front parking lights tie in before the switch.
Does your front parking/running lights work? If so then your problem does lie there, check at the J/C-5 connection for 12V.(with switch on) I'm not sure where it is, but look under the driver side dash close to the kick panel.
unless you see melted wires then it should be simple to fix like a dirty connection.
A short would blow fuses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, it is like -15 degrees and dark. But, I don't think I have any other choice but to trace that wire, the only problem is that once it gets to the dash it pretty much goes every where. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts