The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear window defogger (defroster) won't work on my '99 Altima since I removed/replaced the trim panel around the instrument cluster. That involved, of course, unplugging the harness connections for the defogger and the hazard lights. The other symptom is neither switch illuminates when the lights are turned on, and the hazard flashers still work.

I checked the fuses (4, 5 & 8) and they look fine. The harness appears to be plugged in securely. Your advise is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE!!! My rear window defogger DOES work! BUT... the amber light on the switch does not, so it's hard to tell when it's actually on. :confused2 That and it doesn't illuminate when the parking/headlights are switched on.

If you've run into this before let me know, and put me out of my misery. :bonk:

onenetdan said:
The rear window defogger (defroster) won't work on my '99 Altima since I removed/replaced the trim panel around the instrument cluster. That involved, of course, unplugging the harness connections for the defogger and the hazard lights. The other symptom is neither switch illuminates when the lights are turned on, and the hazard flashers still work.

I checked the fuses (4, 5 & 8) and they look fine. The harness appears to be plugged in securely. Your advise is appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts