The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I fixed my engine mounts today, I totally felt the difference. But I also felt something bad. I was on my way home from the shop and stopped at a light. As I took off, the engine struggled to speed up thru the first 3-4k rpm's it sputtered and seemed like it was bogging out. After that, I punched it at which point it took it a while to react. And even after the car sped up, I noticed a big difference in the power. Big time loss of acceleration. Could the new mounts be to blame? I highly doubt it, I'm not sure what it could be. When stopped it feels like a vibration, but the mounts are new. When I accelerate it feels extremely sluggish, no clicking so I know it can't be the mounts.

Any ideas?? I'd appreciate the help.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
like always, start with the most basic of stuff.
1-check the spark..is there any?
2-plugs, wires,distributer, are they intact and ok?
3-do you have fuel pressure? whats it at?
4-o2 sensor? did it come loose when changing mounts?
5-MAF. this should be the last thing to check since it the most expensive and the only way to know if its bad is to replace it

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Sounds like something wasnt hooked back up .....Make sure everything got pluged back in and yes that MAF Sensor plug is known for having loose conectors after it has been removed ...

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coo'..I'll check it out tomorrow. The ride feels so much better with the new mounts, but whenever I accelerate there's a slight pause and it seems like its not at its full potential. I'm thinking its the spark plugs or dist. cap.

If you got any other ideas or suggestions feel free to toss them out. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts