The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2011 Altima 2.5. my OBD2 port does not work and my check engine light came on this morning. I went about the usual process of manually checking the code with the accelerator pedal process. Usually itll flash an entire code and then the ses light will go away. This time it only blinked 8 times and then stayed solid. Does anybody know what this means?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Blinking 8 times and then staying solid is the code meaning your OBD2 port is not working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blinking 8 times and then staying solid is the code meaning your OBD2 port is not working.
Any suggestions for trying to fix it? Ive guessed i just have to follow the harness until i find where the issue is but i am definitely not doing all of that work to fix my port when i am able to check my codes without it. But if you have any simpler suggestions i will gladly take them. I am a mechanic so i have access to pretty much anything i need. Im just a mechanic on SxS and dirtbikes and whatnot instead of cars, which is why im here asking about this.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Any suggestions for trying to fix it? Ive guessed i just have to follow the harness until i find where the issue is but i am definitely not doing all of that work to fix my port when i am able to check my codes without it. But if you have any simpler suggestions i will gladly take them. I am a mechanic so i have access to pretty much anything i need. Im just a mechanic on SxS and dirtbikes and whatnot instead of cars, which is why im here asking about this.
The data link connector (OBD-II port) supplies 12V on pin 16; check the 10A fuse for the 12V supply located in the fuse block on the driver's left side; if the fuse is blown, then the OBD port will be dead. It's best to fix the OBD port problem and then use the scan tool for diagnosis. If you plan to diagnose your problem, you can download a copy of the FSM for your car from https://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-altima-service-repair-manuals/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The data link connector (OBD-II port) supplies 12V on pin 16; check the 10A fuse for the 12V supply located in the fuse block on the driver's left side; if the fuse is blown, then the OBD port will be dead. It's best to fix the OBD port problem and then use the scan tool for diagnosis. If you plan to diagnose your problem, you can download a copy of the FSM for your car from https://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-altima-service-repair-manuals/
Thanks a lot. I will get right to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts