The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to get the biggest bang for my buck here (as much hp as i can get in a 1999 alti auto)...i don't really know if it's possible to have somebody make a turbo for the 1999...but is there anyone out there that will do it...and would i get more hp with nitrous or a custom turbo (if anyone out there even does it)...the overall goal that i'm trying to get at is i want as much hp as i can get...and i don't know if i should go turbo or nitrous.....the money thing is not an option and i have experience driving a civic with nitrous...so help!

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
why not just go all motor first. if i would do it over, i would go all motor first. best bang for the buck before turbo or n20

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...but the real question is does anyone make a turbo for the alti? and would anyone?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and i also heard that going nitrous would wokr better...is that true?

·
1,546 Posts
you can get a shop or someone to make a kit for you. i know people who make manifolds, so i'm sure a shop could do it for you. and i guess you would have to get stand alone or a earlier model ecu tuned by jwt. n20 is good. i like my setup. but now i run into problems. tranny buildup, engine buildup and standalone. and before the engine build up, i would need a stand alone or tranny. you are going to run into the same problem. especially with auto. i can't go any faster till i get a tranny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kinda tranny are you going to get? so what do you suggest? turbo or nitrous? for the alti...it's a sweet ride by the way....what is the best tranny out there for auto?...hmmm...there's a question to ponder

·
1,546 Posts
protorque for torque convertor. and level ten for tranny but expensive. i am eventually try to get one built at a better price or shop around. you can at least get the valve body from maximum tuning i think.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ you can do a full build up form Maximum tuning... I have the level 10 TC and VB and absolutely love it. as for the best bang for the buck, nitrous is hands down. check in your other post in the engine forum for more info.

·
1,546 Posts
^yeah n20 is the best and cheap way to go. but just can't go any faster till you do engine buildup. i guess what i meant to say is do a build up first or put on n20 while doing the buildup. with slicks on an auto with bolt-ons you are losine4 second off yopur time with the juice:) . do what ryan or i did and put some slicks on and you should be in the 13's. thats if you just happy with that. i know i'm not. i want a streetable 12 sec car.

·
Deceptacon
639 Posts
would you really gain that much off of running the bottle? How big of shot are you talking about? What would a large shot be for an altima, but be safe at the same time, mine is my daily driver so i can't have it screwing up.

·
1,546 Posts
yes and i'm running a 70 but you can get there with a 60. i got 14.4 with a 60 and no pulley on shitty tires with chrome rims. so i'm sure juicing right off the line with slicks could get you to break into 13's maybe. will just have to see how much time i take off with slicks in spring. and look at the dyno numbers. theoretically with that number and my weight you can pull a 14.2. i've pulled 14.4 with less and loss hp.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
65 shot on slicks runnin 13.3's all day long
soon to be 12's with weight reduction, new clutch, and 75 shot!!!!

·
1,546 Posts
^yep, n20 makes a big diff. ryan took a lot off his time. he has cams and ecu to top the rest of the bolt-ons. the only thing he doesn't have is the magic auto tranny.:D

·
1,546 Posts
^one can dream and at least try

·
1,546 Posts
w/o slicks. i don't see whats funny:( . with n20 it will be hard though. drag radials a built motor and 100 shot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts