The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Worship Me !!!
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent about 15 minutes searching for removal instructions for my sunroof wind deflector. I am pretty sure it is the easiest thing to remove but I Just need to be sure it is a easy as I think it is. Can anyone help me out with a link or quick instructions?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
23,056 Posts
Ok I feel bad 4 u

I am gonna go out and look at mine I will be back with the info if I can see it plain enough.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
23,056 Posts
Remove

11mm wrench on inside nut, unscrew with phillips head from top. Should pull right off

·
Worship Me !!!
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Remove

wild willy said:
11mm wrench on inside nut, unscrew with phillips head from top. Should pull right off

Thanks. I am guessing that the metal clip is just pryed off?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
23,056 Posts
Re: Re: Remove

Rich007007 said:

Thanks. I am guessing that the metal clip is just pryed off?
Once you get the thing off you will probably have to open the roof to get the clips off. I did not do it yet. This weekend I am going to take it off and wax under it and check it out.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
1. Open sunroof.

2. Loosen or remove small bolt which secures the clip.

3. Slip the clip down and out of the sunroof opening.. DO NOT FORCE OR BEND IT. You could damge the clip and/or chip you paint.

4. Remove deflector.

I purchased my SE November 23rd. I removed the wind deflector because I didn't want it to become a catch-all for leaves, dirt, and other debris during the winter months when the car is likely to go between washes longer. I am going to re-install it this week because the weather gets nice this time of year here in Virginia.

I am not wild about the looks of the thing, but Nissan did a crappy job of designing built-in the sunroof wind deterring deflection components. My 2000 SVT Contour had the best sunroof I ever had. You could drive 75 MPH and have a normal conversation in the car with the thing fully open. And no wind buffeting with the SVT sunroof.

The Alti sunroof is noisey as hell without the deflector and allows a lot of buffeting in the cabin, so you may want to keep it on in the warmer seasons when you are likely to open your sunroof. Check it out both ways with the windows up and you'll see what I mean. The deflector does work really well.

PVick
2002 Alty SE
Silver/Charcoal
214CID V6
Manaul Trans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.