The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Peel out backwards
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. This might have been discussed before but I cannot search the forums without getting one of those white error screens, so here's my question, rather, my situdation.

Okay I know there a decent number of members that have bought the Ebay/BOMZ/Whatever brand intake and have gotten it to work. I have just installed mine and when I start my car the RPMs jump everywhere. That screams vaccuum leak to me. My question is how to fix this? I have reducers for use between the intake tubes and the engine tubes. I had to make some modifications to the cheap MAF adapter plate that comes with the kit because the screw holes aren't matched up right. I don't think the leak would be coming from the tubes, maybe from the MAF plate or the connection to the TB. The EBAY pipe doesn't seem to fit if it is positioned in the engine compartment the way it is supposed to. I had to move it around so that it wasn't flush with the TB. I just tried tightening the crap out of the coupler on the TB (with one of those clamp things with the screw). I dunno where it would be coming from. I know the MAF is still fine because I put the stock tubes and airbox back on and everything was fine. I also think it might be the air temperature sensor because it is no longer connected to the airflow?

I really don't know. I would really appreciate some help or tips even.

THanks in advance

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
DDevil77 said:
hey,would a vaccuum leak be that strange put put sound coming from the exhaust
That means a cylinder is misfiring. And yes a vacuum leak can cause misfiring. You need to find out what the CEL is and that might tell you what is causing your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts