The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click on stockairbox picture

Everyone please check out this picture so that way you can see what I am talking about. I broke off the orange plug, I have a red arrow pointing to it. Is this a very vital component? There were three little prongs that were attached inside and I broke it off by accident by unscrewing the plug right off and then pulling it out. It looks as if I can use solder to get it back on, the little prongs are not broken at all, only the solder broke off. I can tell that much. I have driven my car a good half-mile and I really got on it to see if the check engine light would come on and it never did. It never stalled either. Was a half-mile a good enough test or could I run into problems real soon? A friend will be helping me to correct my mistake this coming weekend but I'll have to wait five days before I'll see him. I'm just worried about driving and then getting stuck somewhere. I have to drive a lot and I need some advice on whether or not I should just park my car until this weekend and look for another ride.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
That little thingy that plugs into the the pipe before the airbox is a temperature sensor. I drilled a hole into my ghetto-style Home-Depot CAI to install that back. It didn't throw any codes while I didn't have it plugged in, but then yours is a 2.5 gen with the all-aluminum engine, so things might be different.

Electrical connections are the easiest to fix because they don't really require any special parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??? I am confused now. If you click on the link again I have two pictures. One is labeled tempairsensor and the other says stockairbox. I asked some people earlier if the sensor on the pipe AFTER the airbox was a temp air sensor and they said it was. Do you think that the orange plug BEFORE the airbox is also a temp air sensor? I thought that the part was a MAF because the adaptors for the cone air filters are called MAF adaptor plates or something like that.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
FriedJ said:
??? I am confused now. If you click on the link again I have two pictures. One is labeled tempairsensor and the other says stockairbox. I asked some people earlier if the sensor on the pipe AFTER the airbox was a temp air sensor and they said it was. Do you think that the orange plug BEFORE the airbox is also a temp air sensor? I thought that the part was a MAF because the adaptors for the cone air filters are called MAF adaptor plates or something like that.
The picture that only has an orange arrow is pointing the temperature sensor.

The one that is pointing to the box-looking thing is the MAS (Mass-Air Sensor). I've never tampered with that thing, so I'm not sure what to tell you about how to fix it. I'm sure your car will run, but your car will probably get really crappy fuel mileage until you get that fixed. Yours is a new 2000 or 2001... it should still be under warrantee right? Have the dealer check it out.

If it's just an electrical connection that's broken, those are easy to fix. This is what I was trying to say in the first post. But if you're not comfortable with soldering or splicing, then I wouldn't recommend trying to fix this yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts