The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,894 Posts
Hmm.. I am not exactly sure, but I don't think they're removable. I think you will have to remove(maybe) the existing faces and/or replace them with what you want to use. Again, I am not sure about this, but that's what I think everyone has to do. Some people have tried removing it, and eventually broke the needles which rendered the gauges useless and forced them to buy a new cluster.

What exactly are you trying to install anyway? Maybe someone can give you direct info.

·
Banned
0 Posts
whatever you do, wait until you get the right answer. DO NOT PULL THE NEEDLES OFF. You will be screwed if you do, and have to get a new set. On a first gen, you have to turn counterclockwise and pull at the same time for the needles to come off. Not sure about 2nd gens, but I would imagine it would be nearly the same

·
good one Fonzie
6,449 Posts
where did you get them from? If they are going on top of your existing gauges, you can probably slip them over carefully. Slide them through the needle first and so on.

Answer me first before doing anything though. I ahd a rough time with my nr's for my first gen. I actually broke my water temp gaue on this (2nd) cluster and broke everything on the 1st.

If you want white gauges, you could always go to nissan and see how much for an SE cluster and check junkyards

·
Senior Player Hater
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally talked to the guy who sold me the faceplates, and on a 2000-01 alti, all you have to do is simply pull them out. I can't beleive I waisted a whole day over something so simple. So now, everyone with a late 2nd gen knows how to take out their needle heads. Later

·
1,894 Posts
Wow, really? I didn't know they changed it. Thanks for that info, it's definitely news to me. Hope you like your new faceplates.

·
Blurrrrrrrrrrr
43 Posts
Don't Remove the Needles

2nd Gen---Jap cars for that matter don't require you to remove the needles at all. I removed my gauge cluster---took off the plastic/glass cover. Then it was as simple as being careful and just slipping the white faced indiglo gauges right over the needles.

Hope that helps too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts