The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Nissan Altima it's started missing really bad I have new coils on it just put a new fuel pump in. But the check engine light comes on and it starts missing bit if I take the battery cable of for 5 minutes hook it up the light goes off and runs good for about a hour or so and. Starts doing it again. What eles could it be

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have a 2006 Nissan Altima it's started missing really bad I have new coils on it just put a new fuel pump in. But the check engine light comes on and it starts missing bit if I take the battery cable of for 5 minutes hook it up the light goes off and runs good for about a hour or so and. Starts doing it again. What eles could it be
It could be that you have neglected to take your car to a shop or the dealer for diagnosis, and have blindly replaced parts without knowing if they were bad.

You have three options.

1. Blindly replace expensive parts and hope your car runs better.

2. Have your vehicle properly diagnosed to pinpoint your problem/s.

3. Replace parts because some internet keyboard wizard on an anonymous forum suggested it.

The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The CEL is telling you there's one or more DTCs being set. One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Also most auto stores will perform a DTC readout free of charge. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. The codes are in the form of: Pxxxx, where xxxx is a numeric. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Owner's Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can usually get an auto parts store to read the codes for free (or buy one yourself for ~$20 so you can read them on your car yourself).

Without the codes or your car in front on them no one will be able to tell you what's wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts