The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
try something called Goo Gone or Goof Off. Wal mart may have one of them, and if not, try a home improvement store. Or first try windex and if that doesn't work, then do what i suggested. Good Luck

that sucks.

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
get a razor blade. you can hold it flat against the glass and it should slide right off with it

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
donnie said:
get a razor blade. you can hold it flat against the glass and it should slide right off with it
true, good call. I'd try that too but with the windex. See if the windex softens the glue up so it comes off easier.

·
Banned
0 Posts
RAltimaSE said:
yea i've tried the razor blade but this glue is baked on. ill try the windex. any other ideas?
Windex or an ammonia based glass cleaner. Spray the window good, let it sit for a minute, then use the razor. It'll take some time, but everything will come off. When done, wash the windows and bingo!

Trust me....done it many times.

·
Registered
585 Posts
try steel wool.

·
12,623 Posts
This is what a shop I know recommends: Take some ammonia, and dilute it with some water, otherwise the fumes will gag you. Spray the window, then take a trash bag and tape it over the window...let it sit for a while. It is best to mess with it in the sun, since that will halp to soften the glue a bit...

The ammonia should eat through the glue, and you should be able to scrape it off....

They did something similar to that when we moved from Texas to Virginia...1 of our cars was limo tinted, and they said there was no way that it could possibly pass inspection...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Peterson said:
This is what a shop I know recommends: Take some ammonia, and dilute it with some water, otherwise the fumes will gag you. Spray the window, then take a trash bag and tape it over the window...let it sit for a while. It is best to mess with it in the sun, since that will halp to soften the glue a bit...

The ammonia should eat through the glue, and you should be able to scrape it off....

They did something similar to that when we moved from Texas to Virginia...1 of our cars was limo tinted, and they said there was no way that it could possibly pass inspection...
thats the method for removing the tint off of the back windshield without damaging the defroster too

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
djsassan said:

thats the method for removing the tint off of the back windshield without damaging the defroster too
also called "Sweating it off" which I know I did post before (more than likely pre-board switch)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts