The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting 2 years, just took the dive on an Altima 3.5SE loaded

After all said and done, took $35,500 cdn out of my pocket including tax.

What I got:

Silver Altima 3.5SE with
Sunroof
Auto
Leather package
7 window tint (everything except windshield) @ 35%
Spoiler
5 year extended warranty
Complete care package (undercode, paint protection etc)

All for $35,500 cdn including tax. Cash. For the Americans, that's $23K US.

Will be picking it up next Saturday. I really want to look at the TSX before I make the decison but heck, can't ignore the deal.

All right, where are turning signal side mirrors, I want some!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why do people that pay cash for their cars always include that all-important nugget of info in their posts??? AND...it always seems like these same people like to tell everyone how "cheap" they got their car for. This one in particular had to tell us twice that he paid cash or "out of pocket" and also twice that he paid $35,500 cdn. I paid cash for mine too but I didn't advertise it. Maybe you can tell us what % yield you got on your money before you took it out of the bank to buy the lowest priced Nissan Altima in history.
Pretentious!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
theguda said:
Why do people that pay cash for their cars always include that all-important nugget of info in their posts??? AND...it always seems like these same people like to tell everyone how "cheap" they got their car for. This one in particular had to tell us twice that he paid cash or "out of pocket" and also twice that he paid $35,500 cdn. I paid cash for mine too but I didn't advertise it. Maybe you can tell us what % yield you got on your money before you took it out of the bank to buy the lowest priced Nissan Altima in history.
Pretentious!
Wow theguda! You seem to be bitter about a subject that's completely irrelevant and not focusing on the real issue. Just be happy for those who are fortunate and not scrutinize and nit pick on every thing that a member post here! What's the big deal? You chose not to advertise, we respect that! I'm just happy to hear that someone got a good deal and paid cash for it! I commend those who were able to negotiate and close a deal like that! You should learn from those and not be DICK about it!

Xtrema - Congrats and good job on getting a killer deal! Negotiating is an art and I'm glad you were able to execute well.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to advestise that I paid cash for it. But it's the only way the dealership would give me a great deal on the car.

And I'm just trying to get it out there so others know may be now it's a great time to go for the kill when the sales is slow.

That dealership has 4 identical SEs and I got a sense they may want to reduce inventory. So I picked the newest one that has 21km(13mi) on it make the deal.

Thanks for all the congrats.

I don't live in the east so I probably can't go to Markham for meets. But I'll see if there's a chapter in Calgary/Edmonton.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Congrats!! Bout time

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just kidding guys! Just trying to stir up some trouble! Xtrema...congrats on your Altima. I bought mine in June 02, loaded like yours for $26k including taxes...you got a great deal!

·
Registered
123 Posts
congrats man. i just picked mine up two days ago myself.

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
congratulations

you said loaded, but you didn't itemize the side sills.

btw, the paint protection was a waste of money. now you know. don't ever get it again. :)

happy motoring !!

(i just noticed, you're a senior member with 529 posts, and you're just now getting the car. what took you so long?)

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
congrats Xtreme!!! i just got mine last friday the same as yours, i paid 25k exactly + tax because its so hard to get this car in South Florida because of the heat.

Im really happy for you and wish you the best in it.

take some pics to share your joy!

btw, is 35% tint the legal amount in Canada? cuz thats REALLY light, almost factory light...

just curious!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats Xtrema !!!!!!!

premierdrumm3r said:
congrats Xtreme!!! i just got mine last friday the same as yours, i paid 25k exactly + tax because its so hard to get this car in South Florida because of the heat.

Im really happy for you and wish you the best in it.

take some pics to share your joy!

btw, is 35% tint the legal amount in Canada? cuz thats REALLY light, almost factory light...

just curious!

I believe I read somewhere, that the Factory tint is no more than 93%. But I could be wrong...

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
seriously, u could be right about the 93%, but i just know on my old tahoe the tint in the back was VERY dark, def. more then 93%.

While my dad was at the tinting place, he called me on my cell while i was in Disneyworld and said that 20% (Which is the legal limit here), was to light and he would go down to 15% (but dont tell my mom). And if u look at my car (south), ull c that 15% is dark but not to dark.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You are definetly correct premierdrumm3r-on the Tahoe and in general the minivans/SUV's, the tint is much, much darker than 93%. I was thinking more along the lines of regular 4 door sedans when I said 93%. And this 93% tint is built into the glass itself, it's not like a film that is applied to the glass.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
ah i c, i never saw my Alty without tint since when i got back from my trip it was already done

thx for the info

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, you can tint as black as you want for the rear windows but front tints are illegal.

Alberta laws didn't set a limit but just say "as long as the officer of law can identify you through the windows", you're ok. And 35% is still pretty clear for cops to see thru and arguable in court if need to be.

But if the cop wants to be a dick, he can still give you a ticket.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts