The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here ya go...post what you feel is the greatest way to gain horsepower...I got toasted by a V6 toyota and I'm out for blood...rrrarghhg.....So I'm interested in what everyone thinks would be a good system for speed...besides takin the nitrous leap, been down that road, know the consequences on the motor.....lookin for low end, takeoff, high speed love.....word

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
header, but in conjunction with intake and exhaust

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
f-max turbo, or custom turbo/supercharger (its possible, lot of $$ and fabrication but it can be done)

·
Energy Liberation Front
714 Posts
About how many horses can be gained by a good header, intake and exhaust combo???

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
what's your budget?
Jay

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ben said:
I've learned that horses don't really matter. What's really important to me is times.
yep, i/h/e don't add much power, but it gives you much better times. That's because it adds alot of high end horsepower but you loose some low end. Maybe average horsepower gains from all three are a couple of hp, nothing crazy, it's where the power is delivered that makes the diff

·
Registered
375 Posts
rebuilt your engine and then get some nitrous...you will be quick then...no more messing around...about 250 hp to fly at the least depending on the setup

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
dogfest15 said:
rebuilt your engine and then get some nitrous...you will be quick then...no more messing around...about 250 hp to fly at the least depending on the setup
yea, you would need to rebuild to get a 100 shot of NOS to get that 250hp....

·
Registered
375 Posts
a rebuild with pistons/rods....head work/port and polish...all new gaskets/head too...cams...gears and chain...also a little fine tuning. plus a good clutch and resurfaced flywheel will probably give you about 210hp to the flywheel...this is my assumption

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Aluminum Flywheel. You'll gain 20-25 hp at the wheels.

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
445 Posts
complete motor build up I feel brings out the most ...head work,port &polish,pistons,cams,pulleys,gaskets...all the stuff that Dogfest said.....
With the right amount of work...i can bet our motors can shell out anywhere from 210-240 all motor....then comes the NOS and Turbo..hehehe

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
a lightened flywheel on a car CAN help you find some lost power from lightening the ritating mass of the tranny. although i wouldn't bet on a 20-25 increase. you can definantly feel a difference in how freely the rpm's will climb though

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Reciprocating mass is the single greatest source of lost horsepower. If you want to see an engine that has very little reciprocating mass, look at any Mazda Rotary engine.

Putting in a flywheel won't make your engine generate any more horsepower, but it eliminates intertial mass, thereby getting more hp to the transmission and ultimately the wheels.

For Altimas, Stillen carries an aluminum flywheel. It'll cost you about 300-400 bucks, and then you might have to pay for installation, depending on your personal installation skills. However, besides NOS/Turbo, you can't get a better bang-for-the-buck value if performance is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are there any other manufacturers for lightened flywheels? This is my next mod, but Stillen and Unorthodox Racing have a price tag of $500+ and I was hoping to find that part for a better cost.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts