1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people who have had it done:
1) Did you have any mods prior?
2) Did you notice a loss of power?

I had it done and to me the intake sound is different, I have some before and after clips I'll post. Also the exhaust sounds different. I have some clips of that as well.

It seems that the tones have completely changed... less aggressive is the best word I can type to describe it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Prior to having the TSB done, did your engine feel like it had more power when it was "cold"? That's how mine feels. It's an '03 w/auto. I'd hate to lose even that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's an auto.

Better cold, dunno... Maybe... Nah, it was strong all day long. Ahhhh, whatever! Guess I'll just save for the Technosquare thingy and let that fix what the TSB did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine Too!

I had it done to my 03 Altima auto. They gave me a new MAF sensor and flashed the ecu. It definitely feels slower now and My berk intake and mossy exhaust don't help. It really seems to have less get up and go and low end torque. It also seems like the power dips significantly at shift points. :angry2:

I need to find an ECU so I can get the technosquare upgrade and keep my stock one for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i got the tsb done on my 2003 maxima and it made it go from mule to stallion.

my maxima was a total turd before this tsb. they replaced my maf with the updated one and reflashed.

i dont know what happened to you guys, but mine was night and day differance.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Had it done on my '03 Auto and all stock. I noticed a big difference in power gain especaially in the low end torque...

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
hacku said:
Had it done on my '03 Auto and all stock. I noticed a big difference in power gain especaially in the low end torque...
Same here. I got it done and really wasn't expecting much out of it, but it was like getting a whole new car. The service guy didn't really think that it would do that much as he drove my car before and said it drove fine. He never got a cahnce to drive it after, he would have had to noticed the difference.

·
Dazed and confused
289 Posts
I had it done at 10k on my 02 3.5 and I definately felt low end torque was more responsive especially durning the summer were the heat was really taking its toll on acceleration. The dlr didn't change the MAF though! :angry2:

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
anthunny said:
what is this TSB?

what does it do?
how much?
TSB=Technical Service bulletin usually put out by Nissan to correct problems that customers may or may not be having.

As for wht it does, nobody really knows. It is an ECU reflash and for the most part a MAF upgrade other than that it is anyones guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts