The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow, like a time capsule on wheels haha. Idle problems have many causes: spark plugs, ignition coils , fuel injector related, MAF sensor -even throttle body. If it's been in the garage so much it might be good to "air it out" a bit. A tune up wouldn't hurt anything either. And just take it from there. Trouble-shooting is fun that way. Thank you for showing your car, it brightened my day seeing something from the age of my youth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, like a time capsule on wheels haha. Idle problems have many causes: spark plugs, ignition coils , fuel injector related, MAF sensor -even throttle body. If it's been in the garage so much it might be good to "air it out" a bit. A tune up wouldn't hurt anything either. And just take it from there. Trouble-shooting is fun that way. Thank you for showing your car, it brightened my day seeing something from the age of my youth.
Thank you so much for your reply and yes i am so happy with it and it turns out i had a rebuilt carb on that was never set up properly and had a massive vacuum leak we only found out after replacing just aboht everything leads, coil, plugs, fuel drain and clean only for ab older chap than myself to walk up to the car took one and and within ten mins it was idling on its own perfect revs lol what i learned that day was this older chap has probably forgotten more than il ever know about these older nissans we were jumping for joy when it started idling on its own and as for the older gentleman he just said see there you go shook my hand and disappeared up yhe Street with his walking cane and have never seen him again 😂 what a legend! The car is now mot ready just waiting on better weather my wife is looking forward to her first ever nissan show to ahow of this little time capsule.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply and yes i am so happy with it and it turns out i had a rebuilt carb on that was never set up properly and had a massive vacuum leak we only found out after replacing just aboht everything leads, coil, plugs, fuel drain and clean only for ab older chap than myself to walk up to the car took one and and within ten mins it was idling on its own perfect revs lol what i learned that day was this older chap has probably forgotten more than il ever know about these older nissans we were jumping for joy when it started idling on its own and as for the older gentleman he just said see there you go shook my hand and disappeared up yhe Street with his walking cane and have never seen him again 😂 what a legend! The car is now mot ready just waiting on better weather my wife is looking forward to her first ever nissan show to ahow of this little time capsule.
Brilliant! Where was the vacuum leak from, please? I have huge issues with my 1999 Elgrand, which is a distant and younger cousin. Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts