The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am hoping someone can offer some advice on an issue I have. I own a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5, that I purchased new all those years ago and I LOVE it! It has been a great car and never gave me any trouble at all. In fact, I have not had to have anything done besides the usual maintenance ( oil change, air filter, brakes ). I hope I am not jinxing it now. Lol.
It just turned over 100k miles and that saddens me so much. Anyway, the issue I am having is I noticed the trim piece on the rear of the car where the trunk release button is ( not sure exactly what they call that piece) is loose on the right side and the trunk release button will not work now. This issue just started so not sure what the issue could be. The valet switch ( trunk switch in glove box) is on, the trunk release button on the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, still works and key fob trunk release works. So the issue is just the actual button on the rear of the vehicle.
is this something I can troubleshoot myself and possibly fix myself ??? If so, where would I find some step by step instructions on how to do this? I really do not want to spend a lot of money on having to take it somewhere to have it fixed if I can keep from it.
I thank you in advance and do appreciate any assistance/advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts