The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i know this has prolly been put on this board again but i didn't see it so i'm starting it again! :p

Well, i found a lot of HID conversion kits on ebay and some local areas... i just wanna know if its worth buyin em for 1st GEN alty's.? cuz i have my eyes on them 8000K ones... and PIAA released a 8000K bulb (H4) without the whole conversion work etc etc. i doubt it but dunno!

This is the PIAA HID H4 Bulbs

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
those are not HIDS !! they are just bulbs, you can get them at your local performance shop for $70. Those might be slightly different (color) then normal piaa's but I doubt it. Plus if you buy it from somebody in japan you will not have the warranty. I believe they come with a 2 years blow out warranty.

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know their the same types as the one's i have now.. just not like the conversions. they're just at a hotter kelvin level than mine prolly.. but i dunno, i think they'll prolly fry my harness

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
anything that said HID under $150 is not real HIDs...like i've away said...

lumins = how bright (ie 3200 lumins)
K/Kelvin = color (ie 6000K)

don't go by the "K" in their auctions...real hid are totally different...if they don't have a ballast...it's not HIDs...and they're those wanna b ones too...don't get those...(semi ballast, but not HIDs)....

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa $619.99 for Hi/Low HID (Blue) heh kinda expensive.. wonder if their worth it tho. most likely they are judging by the price. I've also been told that purple shades look corny and junk, and the blue ones looks better. i've seen em both but ya know blue is always in favor... lol.. i'll keep lookin at that site btw thanx Ry :)

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, from the site Ry gave me, from what i see and read it looks legit, hopefully it wont be a rip lol.. but i guess we all learn from experience.. i'm not gunan go to ebay for the HID's. i'd rather pay a lot to get what i paid for obviously.

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um kevetard... HID uses less wattage than regular H4's. so the harness wont melt. but i wouldn't doubt the cheap"O" one's on ebay might be defective and might melt it. but not the legit ones

619 Posts
so are the H.I.D. kits from hidfactory (link up top) legal?? I don't know anything about hid really, i usually ignore these threads...but what's the deal? It was my impression that if you put HID kit in a car that didnt come with HID from the factory it is illegal.

·
w00t
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i reviewed those sites that were posted... and read on that Do's & Don'ts... but what would people do..? is it worth gettin HID conversions for a 1st GEN alty or not?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts