The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im interested in buying some HID lights. i went to a shop the other day and its gonna b like 300 or 400 for the lights w/ install i think. i donno whats a good brand apparently its phillips and i heard they were pretty decent. whats a good price range and other stuff i should know?
what sites can i go to in order to check out pricing and such. thanxk

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
I just bought the Mucholloch (no idea how its spelled) from the group buy over in the vendor sales forum. It was $310 shipped for a 6000k kit. Supposedly these are the newest version of the ballasts and they are better quality. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Only problem with the Factory Plug/Play like the McCulloh, you have to worry about melting your wiring harness. I burnt up my fogs on my 02 Max with PIAA bulbs. Eh, i'll stick with halogens and not worry about electrical problems. Also, if your interested in color and "K" levels, look at the SilverStars. I have them in and they kind of remind me of my HID I had on my 02 Max without the price. 40 bucks and they are legal. Chris

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
02VQ35 said:
Only problem with the Factory Plug/Play like the McCulloh, you have to worry about melting your wiring harness. I burnt up my fogs on my 02 Max with PIAA bulbs. Eh, i'll stick with halogens and not worry about electrical problems. Also, if your interested in color and "K" levels, look at the SilverStars. I have them in and they kind of remind me of my HID I had on my 02 Max without the price. 40 bucks and they are legal. Chris

What you are talking about are 'HID like' bulbs. We're talking about actual HIDs here.

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
waynehead05 said:
1) burnt harnesses and hid don't go in the same sentence. it doesn't happen.

2) Don't buy a kit.

3) Register at hidforum.com and learn.
if i wanted to scrap together my own HID kit, what parts would you reccomend me to buy(brands)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts