The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
This weekend me and my son installed OEM HID for his passat and the output of the lights are wonderful so now im jealous so now i want factory hid for the alty so i wondering where is the best place to buy, my son said that there were aleast 5 websites that he could have bought them from. So i wondering if there are any out there for the alty. I rather not good after market one being that im still under warranty and secondly i just dont like the look of aftermarket Hid so i wondering where is the best place to start ? your help would be apreshated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebay does have any already checked there and i havent ever seen any on there does anyone have any ideal how much the dealership is ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
And that is why I am think of geting thembut 1400 I think is too much for lights. When my tax money comes in I might be tempted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
screw the dealer and all the aftermarket kits

dealer cost are too high and the aftermarket kits most of the time they put out a shit load of glare

if you want the best way out look into a HID retro fit

cheaper and make sure you can find someone that can do it..or go to

www.hidforum.com

you can find various online site that do retros and sell the equipment to make it all work anyways hope that helps

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
suck it up and get an aftermarket kit. True the housings for xenon equipped are different than non-xenon, but the kits are designed with this in mind. The mcullouch kit is great and the beam pattern will never be as good as OEM, but for 1100 dollars less, it is a great bargain. Your visibility at night will be so much better over the stock halogens. You can also adjust the aiming to compensate for the poor patterns. kits in the low 4000K range are closest to stock. However 6000K gives it a nice "bmw" look.

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
I went with the 6000k but if I were to do it again, I would have went with 4300k or whatever is in between 4300k and 6000k. I heard that the lower the Kelvin the more lumens output and thats basically what you want, more light. Does anybody know if thats true?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
6000K HID's will give off about 2800 lumens of output, 5000K will give off about 3200 lumens.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
you can get your hands on a mccullouch kit for about 300 bucks on ebay. Type in "HELLA HID XENON"

I don't know if they're illegal in canada, but you will pass the high beam test.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts