The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my system and everything set up and I'm running all my wires through my car and I can't really think of a place to run them through to hide them once they get into the car and near the backseat to the trunk. I know this question has been asked a MILLION times before and I would do a search but it doesn't work right now because the forums used to be down. It's 4 gauge wire so its kinda big and I have a 1st gen Altima GXE. Any ideas would help out ALOT. Thanks

·
14,455 Posts
Well i have 4 guage wire running from the firewall, through the center console and to the amp which is under my drivers seat. I'm sure you could run it through the center console, make a hole in the carpet and run it under the carpet and the rear bench to the trunk. Hope this helps!

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. I ended up running the power wire under the carpet under the drivers seat and then the RCA cables through the center console under the carpet to the back. Thanks again

·
Registered
74 Posts
i basically pulled my power wires on the left side under those pillars near the door? and I did my rca and auto-turn on the right side under the pillars near the door.

then when it got to the dash area I routed them behind the kick panel into the carpet to the radio area, cant even see the wires :)

·
ROLL TIDE
115 Posts
soaped said:
i basically pulled my power wires on the left side under those pillars near the door? and I did my rca and auto-turn on the right side under the pillars near the door.

then when it got to the dash area I routed them behind the kick panel into the carpet to the radio area, cant even see the wires :)
thats what i did also

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you pop off the door sill plates (sometimes called tread plates) you will that this is where Nissan runs the wires and there are convenient channels to run the wire.

On my 2nd gen, the left side is the Power side and will the side where I run my power cable

The right side is where I run the interconnect RCA's and radio antenna wire.

Don't even have to go under the carpet.

Jay

D

·
0 Posts
mine are running along the right and left too, under the molding. I tried to stay away from going under the center console because the airbag sensor wires run through there. I don't know if there is truth to it or not, but I had heard it mention that running cabling, especially power cables near them is a bad idea. So I decided rather safe then sorry.

Demmy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts