The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, forgive me as I’m new to this thread and community.

I was wondering if someone can offer advice/opinion.
I recently bought a ‘14 Nissan Altima and noticed when driving at night my high beams are on. However, my low beams don’t work at all (they look like they’re completely out)
I notice when I shift different light settings (ex: fog lights) it’ll just automatically put on my high beams.

Has anyone ever had an issue similiar to this? If so, what did you do to fix it?
I know it can either be: 1. Both lights are out (which I wouldn’t be too shocked since I bought it from a dealership and it looks like my car was sitting there for a while), or 2. Something with the relays/fuses?

Does anyone have any advice to help fix this? I saw a few articles and videos on how to check the relays, but they were worked on older models than my ‘14. Is it possible I can fix this myself? I really don’t want to take it to a shop due to the high cost where I’m getting estimated over $200 & my dealership playing dumb

Any help is much appreciated!

· Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the site.
One of the more common causes of low beam headlights not working while high beams do is a faulty headlight relay. Because each low and high beam has its own relay, which is essentially an electrical switch, relays, like fuses, can fail. Try to check this out, it may be of some help to you https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/cyg2k-nissan-altima-2014-2-5-low-beams-not.html Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site.
One of the more common causes of low beam headlights not working while high beams do is a faulty headlight relay. Because each low and high beam has its own relay, which is essentially an electrical switch, relays, like fuses, can fail. Try to check this out, it may be of some help to you https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/cyg2k-nissan-altima-2014-2-5-low-beams-not.html Good luck.
Hi, thank you so much for responding!
I figured it was the relay based on my searching. However, is it possible to repair one relay? I know in the link you sent, they said I would have to replace the entire IPDM if one relay goes bad?
is it possible to just replace one relay with the ‘14 Altimas? I saw a few YouTube videos of people replacing theirs but they were older models of Altimas.

I’ll try this weekend to see if I can repair my relays since I’m sure the low beam one just went out.

thank you so much for commenting! Glad to know I’m not the only one dealing with this weird issue!

· Registered
27 Posts
Most of the far and near lights of the car are separate. If the high beam is on and one of the low beams is not, the low beam filament may be burnt out. Just replace it with a new bulb.
headlight bulbs :You need to choose the matching dipped headlight bulb through the vin code or your own model.
Photograph Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

If the two low beams are not on and the filament is not burnt out, this may be a switch or relay failure, which needs to be checked one by one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts