The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I don't drive an Altima
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get a high flow cat and how much they are?

·
Registered
532 Posts
From what Random told me is that thiers are a direct fit. The catco's are weld in and poorer quality. SO I ordered a Random Tech cat and it was not a direct fit, it was 3" to long and the guy said that it was my cars fault and not there's because the one they tested on fit.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
random's is supposed to better. The CATCO works just fine and yes, it was a weld on. But i just had it put it on with 2.25" piping and a muffler.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
if you have the money for the random tech cat, get it.

otherwise, just get the CATCO. It's good, but if i had known there was another one out there, i would've gotten it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
1fastaltima said:
if you have the money for the random tech cat, get it.

otherwise, just get the CATCO. It's good, but if i had known there was another one out there, i would've gotten it.
does it make the car louder? add hp?

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
vindeisel said:

does it make the car louder? add hp?
adds a little hp, makes it a little louder as well. If you have really strict emmisions where you live, don't get it untill you check with a few other ppl on here.

every little bit helps though, right?

·
Registered
243 Posts
1fastaltima said:

adds a little hp, makes it a little louder as well. If you have really strict emmisions where you live, don't get it untill you check with a few other ppl on here.

every little bit helps though, right?
yea i just wanted to make sure it was worth the money

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
Agent Orange said:
I just looked on the random tech. site and they have just about every converter for nissan EXCEPT for the altima. lousy bastards
not really sure of what you're talking about, but it's on this page

http://www.randomtechnology.com/nissan.html

it's for the 93-94 cuz the 95+ has an o2 in the cat itself. So a muffler shop can weld it in the down pipe of a header or the oem pipe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts