The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mom lost control of her brand new elantra and hit the curb 2 times pretty bad, atleast I see 2 big warps on front rim and rubber is trashed.
Now when I trun steering wheel all the way to right or left it makes loud screeching noise. Also car has some squeaky noise when going in reverse, idles louder, and has some weird noises coming up.
Is it possible that some internal damage happened to the engine and tranny from the crash?

Well and what happens with warranty if we will take it to some private mechanic?

btw right axle has play in it, and I don't see any scraches under the car

·
4,020 Posts
Definately could have destroyed the rack and pinion power steering, Rev D on here hit a curb in his Altima...somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000 and a new rack and pinion steering system his car was all better.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Hitting a curb can be hell on the steering system. I know someone who hit a curb, and the airbags deployed!

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ everything turned out to be fine and still working, mechanic checked it out today, but still car makes some screeching noises when steering all the way to the end.
Also steerink linkage bolts the ones that attached to the wheels, were not tightened and could be unscrewed by hand!!! WTF???

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
Was the alignment thrown off any??? Main cause of needing an alignment (other then ripping the suspension out) is hitting curbs.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
No bent control arms or anything? Does it pull to any side while driving or hitting the brakes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts