The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here to the nissanclub.com site. I would like ot apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I have a 2013 altima coupe 2.5s with bluetooth factory, aftermaket receiver dvd/nav/sat. Just purchased homelink/autodim/compass mirror out of a 2011 altima, waiting on wiring harness to get here. I have been reading forums/posts on the install and what mirror/wiring both factory and aftermarket. Like i said the mirror is from a 2011 altima (junk yard) and I ordered a gentex 453 wiring harness off of ebay, I did triple check to make sure it was the correct harness for that mirror and safely i can say yes it is as gentex also makes the mirrors for our cars. What i am in need of is just a bit of help, i know i need a ACC source, Constant 12+ source, and ground. ground is easy ACC source from what i have read either fuse box/12v power outlet in cubby under radio. My question is where can i get a constant 12v source, some say the 12v in the center console or dome lights. my 12v in console is like the one under the radio in cubby car not either ACC mode or ON no 12v power to either 12v power adapter. So in the fuse box under dash where would i find a 12v constant source. thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... Got mirror hooked up last night at local nissan dealer. For those that decide to install this mirror it really is simple if you use the GENTEX 453 wire harness off of ebay, (here's the link GENTEX GNTX 313 | eBay ... 1137991230 ). The black goes to ground screw in fuse block area, yellow is 12v+ constant for homelink which after you pull fuse cover off shows batt electrical parts, the red is 12v+ ACC which goes to ign acc label on fuse cover. there is enough wire to tap into the wire loom running along side the sill plate in drivers door. After removing the plastic cover along the door frame and kick panel use a test light to find those wires. I cannot be positive (I will remove trim panels and take some pics this weekend and post); the wires to tap are basically yellow to yellow which is 12v+ constant and red to red which is 12v+ACC. Like i said i am not completely positive I will take pics and look to make sure. When I routed my harness I pulled the dome light Bluetooth down from headliner (PITA by the way, as is the A-Pillar trim, be careful with this as I have side airbags in mine and wow them things are long) I tucked the harness under the front of the headliner near windshield and use small zip ties supplied to tie everything up after running wires into fuse box location. hooked up ground wire, went by local dealer asked about the pre wire and the wire diagram I had found, they said just bring it in right quick and we can hook it up so it is correct and make sure everything is working. total time was 10 minutes taking standard mirror off installing homelink/auto dim/compass mirror, 30 minutes running wires and putting all trim back on, and 15 minutes at dealer. so all in total 1hr and 10 minutes to hook up this mirror. The mirror I purchased was out of a wrecked 2011 altima, the compass display is amber, and i got lucky did not have to calibrate it or anything works like a charm. so lets see i paid 44 bucks for factory mirror included shipping, and 24.50 for harness included shipping, so all in total i have a depending on where you get it, I paid $68.50 for $200+ setup, and dealer didn't charge to hook up wires :) On a side note yes i could have done it all, but sometimes its better to let someone that does this all day long do it. Pics will follow this weekend of all wire locations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vital, thanks for the links as well.yes previous gen's but basically same as mine. The one thing I did have a hard time with finding was pics of actually tapping the 12V+ wires, so i though hey why not go ahead and update post with pics this weekend helping out those like me that are more visual learner :) I would like to say thank you to all those that have posted in the past on this topic it all helped very much thanks all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics as promised. left to right, ran wires down a-pillar, into fuse block location black ground on right, kicksill plate connections; here is where they are hooked up. Yellow 12v+constant is hooked to Yellow with gray strips, Red 12V+ ACC is hooked to Red with gray strips, last one is wire running up into headliner, i forgot to put wire cover on that one haha. hope this helps anyone wanting to install these mirror that does not have one already. As stated previous gen's bascially the same, just make sure that the wires as mine are hooked are the same, test light is your friend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts