The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Speed Racer
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im about to change it, its been on awhile and works great. but i need to move the sensor up on the pipe. and make it convert to wai for winter.

·
Registered
243 Posts
how hard and how much was it? Does it matter about the winter? will it mess up my engine? what is on the end of the piping just and intake?

·
*Member*
47 Posts
cai intake

what is the procedure and the parts you used to make this:confused:

·
Speed Racer
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its really easy just pvc piping and a filter and rubber conectors. i think in total about 60 bucks with tools and parts, and about 6hrs, to get it running right. check the front page for complete instructions

·
Registered
243 Posts
greenbean said:
its really easy just pvc piping and a filter and rubber conectors. i think in total about 60 bucks with tools and parts, and about 6hrs, to get it running right. check the front page for complete instructions

is there a WAI filter on the end of it? do you think its better then a K&N filter?

·
Speed Racer
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya its just a cheap ass filter. im about to change it though.
the reason i did pvc, intake is cause im not spening 100-200 bucks for somthing that is not much better than what i made. that and i am planing on a turbo soon so why waste money??? ill never get my money back outa the aem cai, im not loosing much this way

·
Registered
243 Posts
greenbean said:
ya its just a cheap ass filter. im about to change it though.
the reason i did pvc, intake is cause im not spening 100-200 bucks for somthing that is not much better than what i made. that and i am planing on a turbo soon so why waste money??? ill never get my money back outa the aem cai, im not loosing much this way
cool good work bro...is the filter under neath the battery ?how far down does it go?

·
Speed Racer
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its only good if you build it all the way to the throtle body. other wise it is pointless. that and i used three inch piping all the way through instead of some 2 and some 3. it sounds tight, but sucks off the line i really have to rev it spark the tires.
it is alot better than wai. i did test. 70 deg outside, 180 in engine bay, 65 in tube. much coooler much better middle and top end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts