The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from the newest Sport Compact Car magazine.
Honda Engineers say the Accord EX v-6 Mt (MT for manual tranny)
model which will be available early next year with the Acura Cl Type S 6 speed manual, can take the Altima in the quarter mile by half of a car lenght or so.
What they dont say is weather they compared it to a 5 speed Altima, which they probably did, it's time to get some real mod's for our cars!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not trying to start any friction, It's just myl ast thered was so popular I thought you guys might be interested, I would not
trade my Altima for any Accord. The Sport Compact article is just motivating me to get cracking on the modifications.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Dallas said:
Taken from the newest Sport Compact Car magazine.
Honda Engineers say the Accord EX v-6 Mt (MT for manual tranny)
model which will be available early next year with the Acura Cl Type S 6 speed manual, can take the Altima in the quarter mile by half of a car lenght or so.
What they dont say is weather they compared it to a 5 speed Altima, which they probably did, it's time to get some real mod's for our cars!
Stock, a 5 speed altima will hand the honda its ass, so dont worry you dont need any mods right now. Ill have to see how us 4 bangers hold to the coupes with the 5 speeds and 160hp:rolleyes:

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
jbl,

Isn't the coupe a 6 speed.? That is going to be hard to keep up with. I believe if the 4 bangers add a cai or a wai ( replace the airbox with huge cone filter) we will still win due to the difference in hp(esp on a street race and 1/4 mile.) Highway will be another story.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Why should he stop? It's Altima related. Just because some of you aren't interested in the Accord Vs. the Altima, doesn't mean others aren't. It gets beaten to death, but this seems to be new information, and I think it's informative. Nobody should get banned for something like this...they are just trying to be part of this community, lets all treat everyone with some respect and try to learn stuff from each other.

* Rant stopped :D

·
2,883 Posts
SLCentral said:
Why should he stop? It's Altima related. Just because some of you aren't interested in the Accord Vs. the Altima, doesn't mean others aren't. It gets beaten to death, but this seems to be new information, and I think it's informative. Nobody should get banned for something like this...they are just trying to be part of this community, lets all treat everyone with some respect and try to learn stuff from each other.

because enough is enough. this topic has been covered and exhuasted. I would rather logg on as see some informative post about altimas insted of seeing trival posts about the next gen accord. if it's a altima vs something thread it's in the wrong forum anyways. if everyone posted everything said about the altima or accord it would shut the server down. there are also other forums more appropriate like off topic, racing forum. if more people utilize this it would be a lot more enjoyable.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
I agree w/ both Tytalian and SLCentral.....we do have every right to post honda accord vs altima threads in here, but for the comfort of all the petty people, maybe, just maybe, it should go into the racing forum. Since it is such a problem for people to just not go to this thread, which doesn't seem to hard seeing as all u have to do is NOT click on it...wow, so hard it seems, but they do and then they get all whiney about it....just stop comin' in these threads...it says loud and clear in the title of the thread that it is about accords so just stay away from it, yes?

·
What it is!
1,062 Posts
This topic HAS been beaten to death, and so has a whole lot of other topics, but that's no reason to ban someone.

Even though it's Altima related (kind of), it was put in the wrong forum.

:cool:

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
jbl,

Isn't the coupe a 6 speed.? That is going to be hard to keep up with. I believe if the 4 bangers add a cai or a wai ( replace the airbox with huge cone filter) we will still win due to the difference in hp(esp on a street race and 1/4 mile.) Highway will be another story.

Ahhhh, they are using the 6speed in the 4cylinder coupe also??????

Since V6 Alti vs V6 Accord is over played, lets compare the 4 cylinders :rolleyes:

I raced a 2001 4 cylinder 5 speed accord and pulled on it. They still have a lot of power, if they have more it should be an even better race.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
JBL85 said:

Ahhhh, they are using the 6speed in the 4cylinder coupe also??????

Since V6 Alti vs V6 Accord is over played, lets compare the 4 cylinders :rolleyes:

I raced a 2001 4 cylinder 5 speed accord and pulled on it. They still have a lot of power, if they have more it should be an even better race.
Nope. I believe the 6-speed is only in the V6 Coupe.

·
1,873 Posts
SLCentral said:

.............Altimas.net.............enough said!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts