The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too lazy to find a Honda board with the least trolls per capita, and join it. So I'll ask on here.

The H22 swaps cleanly into the 95 Accord. In fact, JDM Accords come with the H22, stock. I have a VTEC 'lude sitting in my FIL's yard in Nashville with a crushed rear end and I have my working Accord. Is it worth the time to swap the engine and junk the rest of the car? It would not cost me much, except the time and gas to get back down to Nashville for a weekend.

I miss Daremo. :sad:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it has the h22, undoubtedly. It has 120K miles, got the car out of an insurance auction. My f22 has the same miles and has an oil leak, whereas the h22 looks to be squeaky clean. If I'd do this swap, I'd stay with the accord 5spd because it has taller gearing. I'd obviously want FI down the line. ;)

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
um no revvy, u'd want a lude manual tranny. h22's gearing is closer. h22 is much faster, seriously. ask how i know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
But I thought taller gears were better for forced induction...

I still have to find out why FI on an h22 is a disaster waiting to happen.

And I'd want a very tall fifth gear, even if I have to shift from 4th at a higher rpm to get to fifth. I do a LOT of highway driving.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
h22 will hold its boost. just when u want to upgrade the pistons, u have to get the block resleeved.
taller gear is fine and all, but u are not gonna run more than 7-8 psi. so thats making may be 230 or so whp. don't need the taller gears really. bet u are faster with the lude gears.

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
my friend is doing the exact swap for $4000 into his 96 5spd Accord, but that includes H22 w/10k, supercharger, complete fuel management, wiring, JUN ECU, everything...I say go for it, you'll be happy you did

1 - 15 of 15 Posts