The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am cruising home going down I-35 North entering Austin.I am in the middle lane and I get behind a couple of cars and what do I see,an early 90 240 with a big dual dtm style exhaust and otherwise stock looking.I thought the piping which I could see was kinda large..anyway me and him pull onto a straight stretch and we pull along side each other.I yell out "sr20" (remember the large piping),and the driver goes no...

We then get passed in the middle of our 70mph convo by a semi in the middle lane,me in the 3rd lane and him in the 1st lane then proceed to pass the semi and slow to about 60 with no traffic ahead.Its on....I drop into 4th and then rethink and shift into 3rd,mash the gas and he hears me drop and I hear him downshift,then buslengths(sp?),at least a couple.I didnt even got the chance to get to 4th.It was over.

WE both pull off on the next Exit.We stop at the light and we "know" each other off the Texas racing board."HK" he asks,I reply "thats me",he intros his s/name(Jickel240) and we shoot the shit for a minute before the light hits green.

I will be reading about this on trs board tonight.:(:flip::D:D

Full SR20DET swap in a 240 owns me...and I got fooled when I knew that piping I spied was a bit too big for NA application.;)
I wonder how a boosted KA would fair.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
boosted KA's are bad ass!! I know of one around my area that puts out over 400 to the wheels!! He runs high 11's at 125+ mph.
awesome car in Skyline Blue (s14)

oh, nice death!

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how you would have faired there Ryan...

At least I ran him.:)
Maybe I should have asked for a handicap...:flip:

·
Back to the basics
770 Posts
U can run me from a 10 mph roll if u want HK I'm up anytime in my sweet ass auto 2nd gen :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
he traps at 106 on stock turbo. So quick spool and somehow he has decent top end. Someday I'm going to run him.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TX180SX said:
he traps at 106 on stock turbo. So quick spool and somehow he has decent top end. Someday I'm going to run him.
I thought you ran him already.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts