The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the "proper" way to remove the hood prop without breaking the piece of crap clip on the retainer? I've replaced this part 3 times in the last 12-15 months. Does anyone know if an aftermarket company has manufactured one made of metal?

Thx.

Mac

·
Registered
144 Posts
Something else may be out of whack or misaligned causing it to hit incorr3ctly when you close the hood, check that. Because there is no way it should be breaking that often. I broke one on my parents car, by my own fault. I replaced it with a Dorman one for like $7 over 5 yrs ago and have had no issues.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
LOL...no, I replaced mine once with the shit oem part after the dealer oil change jockey broke it...the next time I just jury rigged a velcro cable tie to hold it in place...that clip is about as durable as the door handles.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Dorman plastic is widely known for the most variance in plastic quality on earth. I've seen things like that prop clip pop in two just flexing them by hand and turn signal cams that needed to be stiff that fold up like made of jello and will not even think of working turn switches. Their rubber parts can be horrible too like tearing with even the slightest of stretching.

I used to sell and warranty Dorman, the numbers were close to the same on both.

It wouldn't take long to cobble up an aluminum part out of flat aluminum stock that would last forever if bent correctly to allow some springiness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts