The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I need to vent about the idiotic hood prop rod on my 2002 Altima that is almost impossible to release when the temp gets below zero. Then if you do manage to force it from its plastic holder, the holder breaks and the rod is then hanging loose over the engine. What a Stupid Design! :angry:

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Been there done that. $5 part, but PITA to re&re below zero. They changed it on the Gen4 platform to lie flat on top of the grill--clearest admission of guilt :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Same with mine on 2006 Altima same thing happened I had to pop break /take the whole thing out now. I have nothing to prop the hood Dealer wants me to mortgage the house on cost of new part. Funny, in the latest generation 2013 up there is a massive recall on that part.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at my Pathfinder it looks like a trip to the bone yard and and a rubber grommet and I should be able to install a rod that lays on the radiator support like it is on my SUV. What were they thinking when they hung the rod over the engine, how could that go bad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine obviously had the same problem and it was solved with a strip of metal to hook the rod to the hood.

I'll take a pic of it later tonight and post it

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts