The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is great news. However, I have heard bad things about them from the Spec V crowd. Has anyone actually bought this thing as of yet? I would so go for the stage 1 but does it come with everything needed. I didnt see an IC listed or whatever. What gains can be expected with the stage 1 and can out trannys handle the power increase.

·
Registered
248 Posts
ahhh man I got busted by the "search nazzis". HAHAHA. Aight I might do a search. This thing would be wicked awesome thing to have. I might just stick with basic boltons. They are a heck of a lot easier to put on that is for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
and now he's a victim of product cover-up R.I.P.......just kidding lol

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
purest said:
http://www.ssr-engineering.com/products_altimaturbo.php

I hope this isn't new news, but to all of you that are interested forced induction. There ya go.
Your a noobie so you most likely wern't here when SSR was putting this thing together for months. There first prototype was one of our members (guerrero). If you do a search with his name, you will find alot of info with pictures. :) What I understand they haven't sold one kit yet since... I think its great that they even built this for the 3.5 Altima, but its not CARB legal...alot of money to invest to have to take off every year or every other year to get smogged.

·
Registered
435 Posts
500 whp with a built motor. It actually produces closer to 390 whp if I am correct at 6.5psi( I think) on stock internals. I have been very interested in this and I talk to guerrero about it. His car is running very well he just needs a new clutch and tires and he'll take it to the track I assume. His first dyno at 5.5 psi dynoed 354 to the wheels. As soon as I get enough money to do this mod now that I have a second vehicle I will.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alas I am new. But I'd read the other threads when guerrero was having the car built, but it just kinda stopped there. There wasn't really any posted results. Any idea what kind of times his car ran?

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
I don't think he's ran any 1/4 mile times yet, he's full time active marine so he doesn't have the time like most of us. Haven't seen him on the boards for awhile he might have gone overseas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that really sucks in more ways than one. Well, guerrero, when you get back if you see this.... You've got my support wherever you may be.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
talked to him a week or so ago... hes in iraq. Thats why hes not on very much, kinda a war zone out there ya know? Yes the kit has been out for awhile and if u search theres aton of info.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Stage 2 kit with good traction should put you into the low 12's easy. I realized after losing by a car length in a half to a kid in 2004 sl 500 that I have to turbo my car just to see the face on a kid like that would be priceless. I have gone for a ride in guerreros car and it really is the coolest thing to hear our motor boosted. The thing Loved best about it was how much quieter it was till about 5000 rpms then all you hear is loud rush of air being pushed through the turbo. It sounds freaking awesome and when they get the diff maf on there and the BOV doesn't have to be rerouted into the intake and you can hear the loud ass BOV it is going to be just amazing. As soon as I finish building my computer(HL2 Macheen =Þ) I am going to save up for the turbo and tein coilover kit. As soon as it comes out. =)

·
Registered
435 Posts
well since I have a second vehicle now I find that the only time I drive the alty is if I want to take it to the track or race a around a little.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
ZaKmAnZ said:
well since I have a second vehicle now I find that the only time I drive the alty is if I want to take it to the track or race a around a little.
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
^^ yea same here I just drive it to and from getting stuff done on it or when I wanna cruise or race.
Then I suggest you guyz invest your money into this and providing us with results and then convincing us to get it as well ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts