The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise buttons on my steering wheel and my horn doesnt work anymore. Checked the horn by wiring it direct to the battery and it works fine. Checked the box under the hood where it said horn relay and took it in to autozone to get a new one and they said it was the power antenna relay. It was the second one right under where it said horn on top of the cover. Checked all of the fuses in the fuse panel and they look okay. Bought the chiltons book and it says to check the horn relay, but "WHERE IS IT". I cant seem to find it. Can someone please tell me where it is or what is causing this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well , i found the box and the fuse and took care of the problem. Thanks for all of your help. ha ha. Looks live everyone here is as dumb as me or just dont like answering questions. Just like the last time i posted the question, i got no replies. This is just not a very helpful forum. Nissan Maxima is the same. If this offends you, then maybe you deserve it. If you feel this needs to go to the moderator, please forward. Maybe at least I will get some reply. ha ha

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hmm...I think I found the problem. Today is Sunday which means that people are off. When people are off they don't post because a decent amount of members use the forum as a pass time at work or school.

Now another flaw, there are 4 hours between your two posts. Sometimes you have a harder problem and it takes longer for someone to answer your question, especially on a Sunday.

I have had nothing but help from these forums and I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well , i found the box and the fuse and took care of the problem. Thanks for all of your help. ha ha. Looks live everyone here is as dumb as me or just dont like answering questions. Just like the last time i posted the question, i got no replies. This is just not a very helpful forum. Nissan Maxima is the same. If this offends you, then maybe you deserve it. If you feel this needs to go to the moderator, please forward. Maybe at least I will get some reply. ha ha
I was the first person to see the thread I do believe. at the time of this post, there are 16 people that viewed it. **or been viewed 16 times, not sure if this forums programming counts people not logged on"
No, the issue is that he told us that he checked the fuses. But then said that it was the fuse that caused the issue? This makes two days in a row where a fuse was blown and they said they checked the fuses and it turned out to be the fuse..
But, here is my note onto this thread... WHY did it blow? that is the next question that should have been asked instead of saying, "oh well no one here will answer my question". fuses don't blow for no reason. If it blows again, you need to tell us why you think it could have blown. Any add-ons you installed? buttons sticking? anything that might be a little not normal. blahblahblah. There wasn't enough information yet to give an answer since the first response we would have given you would have been recheck your fuses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh but i think there was enough information given. I simply asked where is the horn relay and i couldnt even get an answer to that question. Doesnt anyone even know?? I admit my stupidity because I have never owned a nissan before i bought the maxima that i only had for about 4 months. Dont you think it is okay for someone to ask me a question to see just what fuses i checked and they could have asked all of the questions that you just stated in your post. Just looks like to me that in hours that no one could have even answered me but when i posted something negative because i couldnt even get an answer or a question to see what all i did check that it didnt take very long for several people to reply. Geesh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry, I was at church for the 12:00 mass trying to figure out why no one was there. I finally figured out the time change, and rather than stay for the 1pm Spanish mass, I washed my car at the local autowash instead.

This means: Expect one more horrible car grunging snow storm. And this is all my fault too.

Glad to see that your horn works. But does the cruise control work now?

My horn works but the cruise control doesn't. Or mayby I haven't figured the sequence of horn honks and window openings that disable the virus checker in the fancy master CPU:computer:.

·
Cheap Bastard
170 Posts
In my defense, I also was at church mass followed by a baptism. Then afterwards I spent the time with my family. We all had a great time!!!
So after all was said and done, what is the fix? I took my Altima on a road trip this weekend and I'm having exactly the same problem, no horn, no CC.

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
So after all was said and done, what is the fix? I took my Altima on a road trip this weekend and I'm having exactly the same problem, no horn, no CC.
To replace the 10A fuse inside the engine compartment fusible link/fuse box.

·
Cheap Bastard
170 Posts
To replace the 10A fuse inside the engine compartment fusible link/fuse box.
Thanks, I'll give it a closer look when I get the next chance. Two of my 3 vehicles are down and the Altima is being driven by the wife, who doesn't get home till 10pm or later. I did look under the hood on the pass side and found a black relay under the "horn" designation, but I thought it was the power antena relay. It was pouring rain this last weekend so I didn't really give a good look.

·
Firday Misspeller
805 Posts
I am surprised at your attitude. 6 posts and you are already :soapbox:
We are not being paid to be at your call 24X7. We share information and try to help each other out.
I looked at your profile and can't even tell what year / model you are driving.
And yes, being a Sunday does make a big difference.
That's one reason I never do any plumbing work around the house on a Sunday.
No one to call and part places are scarce.
Adding you to my ignore list. :lock:

·
Cheap Bastard
170 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a closer look when I get the next chance. Two of my 3 vehicles are down and the Altima is being driven by the wife, who doesn't get home till 10pm or later. I did look under the hood on the pass side and found a black relay under the "horn" designation, but I thought it was the power antena relay. It was pouring rain this last weekend so I didn't really give a good look.
Anywhere else I can look? The fuse under the hood is fine, even replaced it with a new one just in case. Replaced the horn relay also, still no fix. Is it possible I have a problem at the wheel itself, I'm guessing theres a metal pin that runs along a metal ring thats on the wheel? If so, how do I disconnect the airbag?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The cruise buttons on my steering wheel and my horn doesnt work anymore. Checked the horn by wiring it direct to the battery and it works fine. Checked the box under the hood where it said horn relay and took it in to autozone to get a new one and they said it was the power antenna relay. It was the second one right under where it said horn on top of the cover. Checked all of the fuses in the fuse panel and they look okay. Bought the chiltons book and it says to check the horn relay, but "WHERE IS IT". I cant seem to find it. Can someone please tell me where it is or what is causing this problem. Thanks

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,710 Posts
Given that two completely unrelated functions don't work, I'm going to say there's something wrong with the clockspring (spiral wire used to get wheel signals out to the dash).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts