The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Peter, whats happening?
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I searched and came up with nothing. Is the hotshot CAI the same for both 1st and 2nd gens? If not wound it fit or what would I have to do to make one from a 1st gen fit into my 98?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
dunno. the MAF adapter plate might be different. and the location for the air temp sensor is going to be different. I would call up SWA and ask them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
speaking of the HotShot CAI....does anyone happen to have a pic of the HOLE that you have to make in the inner fender???? I didnt get a template or anything, so im just curious.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
A) The intake is the same for 93-2001. HotShot provides an adapter which is a multihole to fit 93-97 and the other set of holes to fit 98-2001s.
B) The only difference is the hoses (98-2001s use different size hose for the nipples on the upper intake piping).

·
Registered
874 Posts
i just mine from SWA the other day. and i called and talked with kevin about it and he said they did change it so it will fit with ABS. i hope to install it next week when i get home from school

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Again, when we installed one on a customer's ride with ABS, we ran into no problem whatsoever, so I am confused as to where the problem is occurring???

·
rawdmizle
471 Posts
anyone have pics of it installed?

·
Registered
195 Posts
NissanLunatic said:
A) The intake is the same for 93-2001. HotShot provides an adapter which is a multihole to fit 93-97 and the other set of holes to fit 98-2001s.
B) The only difference is the hoses (98-2001s use different size hose for the nipples on the upper intake piping).
So whats the work around for the hose fittings? Cause my factory fittings ar way bigger than the ones on the my CAI.

Sink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts