The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have the hotshot header do the bolts that connect the header to the downpipe seem short?

I suggest if anyone else happen to notice this to replace them. I had mine tighetend with an impact wrench and they managed to come loose. After hearing a bit of a leak from the front i decided to climb under to take a peak before going home from work. Turns out one LOOSE bolt was still holding on and the other two nuts fell off.

I ended up going to home depot and picked up three nice new stainless steel bolts and lock washers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
im in the middle of installing my headers today....the egr valve was a pain in the ass to take off, took most of my day. well anyways thanks for the heads up ill see what happens when i get to that part.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
EGR pipe shouldn't be hard

Spray it with PB Blaster...let it soak...Spray it again...let soak

Fire the car up, let it run a lil (get some heat on the parts)
shut if off, and torque the bolt loose...remember boys heat makes stuff expand - in return naking it easier to remove...

I can't think of a single time i've never let the car idle or get warm before replacing anythign exhaust manifold/header realated...that lil beat of heat makes removing stubborn bolts sooooooo easy

·
Registered
163 Posts
AceAltima said:
EGR pipe shouldn't be hard

Spray it with PB Blaster...let it soak...Spray it again...let soak

Fire the car up, let it run a lil (get some heat on the parts)
shut if off, and torque the bolt loose...remember boys heat makes stuff expand - in return naking it easier to remove...

I can't think of a single time i've never let the car idle or get warm before replacing anythign exhaust manifold/header realated...that lil beat of heat makes removing stubborn bolts sooooooo easy
hahahaha to late for that now. anyways im thinking im going to go ahead and start my auto > manual swap and install it all while im at it. gf just broke up with me so im gonna have a whole lot of time on my hands.
btw are there any bolt on catalytic converters? ive been looking and all i find are the ones with open ends that need to get welded on.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Best of luck with the swap....if that EGR heat tube took you the majority of the day I'd hate to see how long the swap will take you lol! J/K

There should be bolts that attach the flanges on the cat to the rest of the exhaust...again lots of PB blaster, but bolts on cats tend be the most stubborn of all, and I'd highly suggest just purchasing a nice high flow unit and installing it in it's palce

·
Registered
163 Posts
AceAltima said:
I'd highly suggest just purchasing a nice high flow unit and installing it in it's palce
ive been looking for one but all i see is cats with open ends...like they have to be welded on. anyone know were i can purchase a bolt on high flow cat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts