The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the HotShot header come with a downpipe, and if so, what is the diameter?

I'm thinking I'd want to replace the stock cat with something that's got either 2.5" or 2.25" inlet/outlet so that exhaust flow isn't constricted, but I don't know what length cat to get for a 2001.

FYI - I'd be mating this to my GReddy cat-back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the downpipe connects directly to the cat, right?

So if I install a header, cat, and cat-back exhaust there wouldn't be any other narrow stock 2" piping restricting my exhaust flow?

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
ERyNN29 said:
i think the header/downpipe eliminates the cat.
i never heard that before:confused: ... but if its true it will save me some dough with my hs 4-2-1 and greddy cat-back im gettin. But i think to get rid of the cat you need to put a test pipe in or something.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the HotShot eliminates the pre-cat, but I'm wondering if it reaches all the way to the main cat?

My main question: would there be any other stock piping remaining after HS header + hi-flow cat + GReddy cat-back?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
nope no other stock piping

I just put in my hotshot header and it does come with the down pipe and it doesnt eliminate the cat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So... What size hi-flow cat should I get to go along with the new header and cat-back?

Specifically, what length cat should I use on a 2001 Altima?

I figure I could judge the proper inlet/outlet diameter by looking at the header downpipe and cat-back (either 2.5" or 2.25")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts