The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna try and do mine in the next week when im home from school, but i was reading about how to do it on the site and it was talking about taking off the wheel so you can remove the fender? is all the necessary? if so i may be paying someone to do that. any other tips on the install of it?
thanks

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
duke5021 said:
im gonna try and do mine in the next week when im home from school, but i was reading about how to do it on the site and it was talking about taking off the wheel so you can remove the fender? is all the necessary? if so i may be paying someone to do that. any other tips on the install of it?
thanks
hotshot what??? header or CAI

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
BTW, I don't think you have to remove the fender, just remove the underneath guard to gain access. Very easy to do. Don't let this intimidate you, you should be able to do it no problem if you have any mechincial skills.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aright thanks. thats what i thought too, but when i read the write up in the nissan performance mag i got a little worried. im gonna take it to my grandpa's mechanic shop so i will have a lot more tools there and hopefully he will be able to help

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
duke, you're looking at "project SE-R beater", right?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i guess that would have something to do with it too, but even when i looked at the Hotshot ones for the altima, it said it was optional so after reading the nissan one it got me thinking...

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is definitely easier to install the CAI tube and filter if you remove the wheel.

However, removing the wheel is trivially easy.

As far as the fender... On my 2001 all that I had to do was pop out three push rivets and unscrew three screws on the splash guard inside the wheel well.

Removing the stock intake itself was much more of a challenge than gaining access to the fender well.

Even so, if you can manage a screwdriver and a socket wrench, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
just installed mine

well i just installed mine, and i must say the hardest part of the entire thing was chain drilling and enlarging the hole for the CAI tube. other than that the whole thing was simple...thanks for all your helps guys....

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
yup, make sure you have a badass cutting bit for the hole. trace it out and try to cut it without leaving lots of sharp edges. by far, the cutting WAS the hardest part of the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts