The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im finally installing the new CAI tomorrow but I was wondering if theres anything I should look out for or be aware of when installing this. Also, all i have to go by is the SWA written instructions(no pics) so if theres anything besides that I should know plese fill me in.

By the way its a 98 if that matters

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
yea, u might need 2 buy hoses that actually fit....and if u have abs u might be ****ed, and have a metal cuttin tool(like a dremmel) 2 make the hole bigger

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
Michael4613 said:
http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141822&highlight=cold+install
Check out this thread. It helped me out a lot even w/ my Injen intake installation.
Ditto, I used RejectBaby's instructions as well. He did an excellent job on his writeup. Here are a few of my tips,

1. Use a portable drill and circular hole saw to widen the hole by the battery. Make sure that all drill batteries are fully charged.

2. Free up the tight fit of the negative ground cable by moving it higher up on the available hole left over from the airbox removal.

3. Use a plastic retainer clip to plug the hole on the intake for the Intake Air Temperature sensor if you don't have this sensor on your car.

4. The filter can be installed from underneath the car without having to pull back on the entire splash shield.

5. Use petroleum jelly to help position rubber-to-metal parts together.

6. Do an ECU reset after completing the work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Smokin n da alty said:
yea, u might need 2 buy hoses that actually fit....and if u have abs u might be ****ed, and have a metal cuttin tool(like a dremmel) 2 make the hole bigger
I have ABS so I guess I'm ****ed. I tried installing my hotshot
intake in my 95 alty last week but the small tube can't fit because of the ABS, I heard that some people here modified their intake to fit but none of those people have reply to my thread.

Any ideas for me, what can I do to install the CAI.

Thanks,
Abdiel

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
i think theres a faq for the abs cai install, ill try 2 look for that for ya

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sent an e-mail directly to Hotshot and asked then if the
CAI can be installed in an Altima that has ABS, and this the reply
from the Hotshot staff:

Hi
Yes it sure can, I've done it myself. If he is having problems, it's because he has one of the tubes installed backwards. The nipples point down.

Thanks

John
Hotshot

I was thinking that the nipples should point up. Anybody has the
nipples pointing down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bangmatic said:
its pretty much a straight forward install

they told me the same thing when i emailed them. tried it both ways and had no luck at all. the bomz/ebay midpipe fit perfectly though
So did u just got a new one from ebay? What about the midpipe
that comes from hotshot. Does anybody with this CAI has the nipples pointing down?

·
Biggest 2nd gen wheel gap
1,457 Posts
wait...it comes with a splash shield?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts