The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "SPW" filter that comes with the HotShot CAI can be recharged?

I tried doing searches on the internet for SPW air filter, but didn't find anything useful. The package it came in said that it can be cleaned, but gave no information about how.

Mine got wet in a storm last night and performed like crap. Hopefully it will be fine after it dries out... I guess I'll have to switch to WAI when really bad weather comes through. Looks easy enough to do.

Nevertheless, it would be good to know if I can recharge this filter when the time comes, or whether I need to buy a new one.

I know K&N makes a recharge kit for K&N filters, but I've read horror stories about people using the K&N recharge kit on other brands.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
If your filter is getting wet that's not a good thing. Either get an aem bypass valve or look to see if your splashgaurd is messed up. You don't wanna suck up ANY water.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's running fine this morning.

My main concern is how to clean the filter.

I'm just going to switch it to WAI until the weather clears up, so water shouldn't be a problem. I don't know that the engine actually sucked up any water, rather driving through mist I think part of the filter got wet and just made it more difficult to suck in air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts