The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere here a while ago that some ppl experianced the housing fogging up (the chrome part behind the light, that the light reflects off of, and then projects onto the road).
i just put in some aftermarket xenon lights that give off a nice light bluish tint... but i noticed that im gettin this permanent fog type of thing on the chrome that the light reflects off of...
my question is, why does this happen, and stay there permanently, how do i get rid of this?.... does this happen to everyone who got xenons with bluish tint.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
I noticed on the parts sheets that they have different lens for HID but I thought it was just a different opening/mount for the bulb. I compared 'em side by side on the lot and couldn't see any other difference. Aren't true HID supposed to burn cooler than incandescents? Could there be a coating of color on the bulbs burning off and depositing on your reflector? You get what you pay for sometimes.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these aren't true HID's... their look alikes.... i think your right, that the tint on my bulb is burning off.... do you guys think i would be able to clean this off somehow.... or is this permanent? the bulbs that i bought are the Eurolites....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have cleaned inside of an assy. before using a piece of wire that you can bend to reach around in there with, wrapped in paper towel. Use windex or whatever sprayed on the towel. It would be tough with it still on the car but you could bend a hook shape to clean the dish of the reflector. Don't use a harsh cleaner- I wiped the chrome surface off a Pelican flashlite reflector once:eek:

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Maybe when you changed your bulbs, the rubber lining would have come out of place somewhere, just make sure if it proper again, most of the time if fogging is created, its because of air leaking in and not because of the bulbs !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this isn't the regular fogging... the lights look almost like their smoked, or something....the chrome looks more like its faded or something of that sort (its hard to explain)..... i took it to some shops and everyone says they have never seen anything like this... they sell these Eurolite fusion bulbs that i got at my dealership so im gonna take it in and have them take a look at it...

PS: if the the lights were not properly sealed then even my housing lens would be fogging up, but this isnt the case, its only the reflector behind the bulb, that the light reflects off of and then projects onto the road....
keep the coments coming

WRC: do you think that this so called fog would disappear if i cleaned it with papertowel dipped in windex and on some wire as you described?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Only one way to find out. But these heads are the hardest to get to I 've ever owned! Never had to remove the assy. just to change a bulb. :(

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true... the passanger side is a biatch.... you cant even stick your hand in there..... man...
im also thinking that maby this fog was there before, but i didnt see it because i had regular h1 bulbs.. but when i got my xenons they give off a bluish tint and you can see it heat up the reflector....hmmm

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
I was looking at a SABB with fake hid bulbs, and the chrome had all chipped off on the inside of the head light housing, the heat from the bulb had cuased it. I also noticed mine and ThaiBruins have a haze of fog on the part around the bulb, and I am sure we are losing some strength of the HIDs because the chrome is not reflecting as well. So I dunno, maybe real HID head lamps are different ????:dunno:

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WRC said that the reflectors are different for HID and non HID altimas.... so your solution would be to just get the HID reflector, but i heard these are really expensive
man i still cant find an answer to my question.... prob gonna go to dealership get them to check it out since they sell the same bulbs that i got......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts