The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
You don't.

That would be why you bought it in the first place. What you do is put a plug anti-fouler in the O2 bung before the sensor to 'cheat' the lower sensor into not throwing a code.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't.

That would be why you bought it in the first place. What you do is put a plug anti-fouler in the O2 bung before the sensor to 'cheat' the lower sensor into not throwing a code.
Actually, I'm buying it to get a header, not a cat delete. Thanks for the info. ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^Actually, that's what a header is on this car.

There is a pre-cat on the OEM exhaust manifold.

Aftermarket header doesn't have the cat.

So yea, it's a cat delete. :)
screw it, guess im going catless, haha. Is it gonna sound better and a bit louder with that obx header with cat delete?

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why do I get the feeling that the next thing we'll hear on this thread is about the Turbonator...
Why do you have to be a douche, I can't ask a simple question?
Just trying to install some bolt on mods, trying to keep it legal.
F&%k off my thread.

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
screw it, guess im going catless, haha. Is it gonna sound better and a bit louder with that obx header with cat delete?
Hard to say.

Depends on what "sounds good" too you. It's a very subjective topic.

A aftermarket header is definitely going to change the sound of the car. If you go with just the header, and keep the rest of the entire exhaust stock, its going to be somewhat "raspy".

My best suggestion to you if you want to get a aftermarket header is do the entire exhaust. If you do it right, it can sound pretty good, and way better than just the header with the entire OEM exhaust.

I would suggest including a lower cat and and the biggest resonator you can fit in the setup.

On my Alty I had a Stillen 4-1 Header > Stillen downpipe > Magnaflow hi-flow cat > Magnaflow resonator > Dynomax muffler. (2.5)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hard to say.

Depends on what "sounds good" too you. It's a very subjective topic.

A aftermarket header is definitely going to change the sound of the car. If you go with just the header, and keep the rest of the entire exhaust stock, its going to be somewhat "raspy".

My best suggestion to you if you want to get a aftermarket header is do the entire exhaust. If you do it right, it can sound pretty good, and way better than just the header with the entire OEM exhaust.

I would suggest including a lower cat and and the biggest resonator you can fit in the setup.

On my Alty I had a Stillen 4-1 Header > Stillen downpipe > Magnaflow hi-flow cat > Magnaflow resonator > Dynomax muffler. (2.5)
Thank you so much man, that's all I needed to know. I currently have a magnaflow muffler installed.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You guys have a few more inches of wheelbase and exhaust to work with but I also fitted the longest Magnaflow resonator I could and it's not bad.

The best sound to me was my Hotshot tri header, OEM cat and stock exhaust with Maxima muffler.

I installed a high flow cat then 2.25" piping to the Maxima muffler and the high flow cat gave it a little more rasp than the OEM cat but not loud or droning.

I would suggest installing no larger than 2.25" catback piping if you're an automatic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts